Lead Systems Engineer - DevOps
This is a senior technical lead role within our Hybrid Cloud Transformation area. Provide technical guidance for a team of up to 6 people who provision our cloud environments using DevOps tools and practices.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What will you be doing?
- The primary responsibilities include working with the Technical Architects and Technical Lead in defining and designing the Platform and the DevOps solution.
- Hands-on implementation of the solution including automation of IKS install, automation of build, deploy and release process.
- Provide guidance to the System Team members in implementing, triage and resolution of the technical issue with platform and DevOps solution components.
- Provides technical leadership for the System Team squad.
As a DevOps Engineer your role will be to closely work with; both IBM and client; architects, developers and users to develop and automate application and runtime continuous delivery pipelines.
As part of a System team squad our DevOps Engineers are expected to drive and lead the continuous integration and continuous deployment of our Client's Software Delivery Lifecycle. In addition to being able to develop solutions using development skills and critical thinking, while understanding the overall business context and implications.
What skills and experience will you need?
Our ideal candidate will have worked in a large vendor or enterprise sized organisation in a systems engineer/DevOps capacity.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing, developing and supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline.
- Highly proficient in bash, shell scripting, Makefile.
- Technical experience implementing Infrastructure as Code using Terraform and Ansible.
- Good Knowledge in Container services (Docker, K8s) particularly IKS (IBM Cloud Kubernetes Services).
- Experience automating installation/configuration of IBM Cloud offerings such as CIS, Certificate Manager, KeyProtect, Cloud Object Storage, Cloudant, IKS, Istio addon on IKS, AppID and Blockchain network components.
- Experience automating installation/configuration of Java (including tools such as Maven), Golang, Node.js, ReactJS.
- Highly experienced in deploying in Kubernetes using Helm Charts.
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in CI/CD tools, such as: Jenkins, Jira, Artifactory, Git, SonarQube, Cypress, MochaJS, Newman, Selenium.
- Experience automating install and configuration of logging, monitoring tools (Activity Tracker, LogDNA and Sysdig).
- Experience with tools such as openssl for handling SSL certificates.
Due to client requirements this role is only open to Australian Citizens or Permanent Resident Visa holders.
IBM welcomes, includes, values and respects everyone. We celebrate diversity in all forms. Our culture is rich and intentionally inclusive. IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise