First, a bit about ANZ. But not the usual corporate spiel.
Yes, we’re a bank. And yes, we’re more than 180 years old. But we’re changing (fast!), and things are about to feel really different for our customers and our people. It’s not just a lick of paint we’re applying, it’s a shiny new strategy, with a simple ambition- extraordinary outcomes & experiences for home owners and small businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
We’ve also committed to adopting a design-led approach across the bank, by embedding Human Centred Design (HCD) principles to make our customers and people happy. What’s the gig?
As a Journey Expert within Engineering Acceleration, you will help improve the engineering experience at ANZ and nurture a strong engineering culture within the bank. You’ll do this by rolling out tools, products and events that help the engineering community.
Engineering Acceleration is the team that is helping the banker to move faster, predominantly by uplifting our engineering capability. Leveraging agile and lean methodologies, we want to bring more value to our customers and making our work more efficient – and more fun. Enough about us. Now, what about you?
Spoiler Alert: this role requires a degree of technical knowledge but – first and foremost – we are looking for passionate, creative people who want to solve customer problems. From there, you will have:
What else can you expect at ANZ?
- Experience in communications, change, marketing, promotions or similar (four years or more). Event management experience would also be viewed favourably.
- A way with words! You’ll need to be able to write about technical topics in a way that both the expert and the novice can understand it. You’ll also need to comfortable adjusting your words for very different channels e.g. Slack, email, events etc.
- A love of planning and an eye for detail. Crossing the Ts and dotting the Is is important in this role.
- Experience working within highly technical environments or closely with technologists. Experience with a coding language like HTML or system administration (e.g. CMS) would also be viewed favourably.
- The drive to explore customer needs in a data-driven way, develop and implement innovative solutions, test, and iterate.
- A ‘fabulous failures’ mindset and a desire to grow from experience.
- Strong values! Respect, fairness, Integrity and accountability are lived and breathed at ANZ and we call out any behaviour to the contrary.
- The ability to ask for – and provide – help. No person is an island in this team and we all rely on each other.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
Further general information on our NWOW opportunities and selection approach is available at https://www.anz.com.au/careers/ .