- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions APAC
- 27 Feb 18 2018-02-27
Cognizant is currently looking for a Java developer.
In this role your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop code based on client requirements in alignment with standards and object-oriented methodologies.
- Deploy Java/J2EE and mobile applications across multiple platforms within large/distributed client environments.
- Participate/lead in Quality Assurance reviews and the implementation of findings.
- Deploy Java/J2EE and mobile applications across multiple platforms within large/distributed client environments
- Oversee/ develop unit test plans leveraging automated test approaches.
- Mentor associate developers in development practices.
- Effectively report and manage or escalate risk(s), issue(s) and defects
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Competency in J2SE technologies such as; JDBC, Java collections, Java IO concurrency and reflection.
- Competency in J2EE technologies such as; EJB, JPA, JSP/JSF, JMS and exposure to other Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and Struts.
- Experience in IDEs; such as Eclipse or RAD.
- Experience in Java deployment technologies such as Ant, Maven, etc.
- Experience working with Software Configuration Management tools and processes including; Git, Rational Clearcase, SVN, etc.
- Understanding or exposure to Jira in relation to agile task allocation and defect management (desirable).
- Experience in HTML5, iOS development (Objective-C), Android development (strongly preferred).
- Experience in writing and deploying code on both Windows and Linux platforms.