Investment Operations Fee Billing Client Service Manager
Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients' most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities-spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services-allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986. Role Summary
As part of the Australian Global Funds Services investment operations business, The Northern Trust IOO Fee Billing Client Service manager will support our clients Fee Billing BAU activities and form part of a broader IOO Client Services team that service our clients in Australia. You will be responsible for overseeing offshore teams activities while owning the client facing side of the Fee Billing service. You will work in partnership with our clients with the flexibility and commitment needed to meet their expectations. Develop and maintain relationships with assigned clients and internal Northern Trust partners to better understand the needs of the client and articulate those needs in order to collaborate on process improvements or other service enhancements.
This role will report to the Manager, IOO Client Services. What you will do
- Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of Fee Billing systems / applications required to effectively service Clients Fee billing requirements
- Play an important role in the weekly workstream calls and engagement with the client on the implementation process
- Assist in the review of documented fee calculations and invoice requirements
- Review of Documentation of clients fee invoice procedures and clients fee billing SLD
- Coordinate Internal development/user testing phase based on historical client provided template data
- Provide support through production parallel testing phases for new clients
- Responsible for service delivery from Northern Trust to Clients for Fee Billing Deliverables
- Coordinate review of fee calculation and invoice signoffs, supported by Client Service Managers
- Management of daily oversight of the Offshore IOO Fee Billing team and RevPort Centre Of Excellence team
- Issue and query management with Client and resolution with offshore teams
- Issue mitigation with Client and Offshore teams through issue log management and representation on service meetings
- Ensure appropriate operational controls in order to manage and mitigate risk to Northern Trust
- Support fee calculation changes and requirements that arise through BAU initiatives (new mandates, new fund setups, request fee calculation changes, static data changes)
- Review of client IMA's to ensure agreement on ability to support fee calculation as part of early engagement on IMA opportunities
- Management with client of invoice complexities that can arise in BAU service delivery (i.e. account reopening's, changes in fee's calculation, fee invoice reissuing (B-invoice) etc.
- Possess a willingness to jump into the data, understand it, and use it to clarify queries.
- Strong knowledge of Fee Billing and/or Revport is highly preferable
- Be able to operate with independence with a desire to hunt out solutions to problems, and be able to discuss this with the client.
- Core Asset Management/Custody knowledge with experience in Investment Operations Outsourcing preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with global partners and complex institutional clients.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!