Investment Analyst – Diversified Financials
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
• Exceptional Buy-side Opportunity • Primary Coverage for Financials • Melbourne Based
• Exceptional Buy-side Opportunity
• Primary Coverage for Financials
• Melbourne Based
Our Client is a specialist investment manager with offices in both Sydney and Melbourne. Given their continued growth they are looking for an investment analyst to complement the existing team of investment professionals based in Melbourne.
Reporting to the head of the team, you will have primary coverage for the Financials sector and will be responsible for conducting equity research, market and industry analysis, financial modelling and risk assessment for investment opportunities. You may also be assigned to specific projects to analyse large cap opportunities arising from special situations such as company mergers or IPO’s.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Degree qualifications in a financial discipline with strong academic transcripts. CFA qualification highly regarded but not essential.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Investment Analyst preferably on the buy- side with an outstanding track record of results.
• Experience in analysing financial companies such as Banks, Fund Managers and, Diversified Financials essential.
• Ambition and be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
• A strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure and prioritise ideas.
• Advanced financial modelling skills.
• Exceptional analytical and research skills.
• Commercially astute with an ability to manage relationships at all levels.
This is an exceptional opportunity to ply your equity analytical skillset to provide insightful analysis of potential investee companies and work within a collegiate team and for a company with continued growth aspirations.
Initial enquiries in strictest confidence to Michael Lee on 03 9653 9620 firstname.lastname@example.org