Infrastructure Architect- Modernisation (Middleware/Data)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for Infrastructure Architect - Infra Modernization who will join our team to work on projects. We work in an agile way without stand-by.
You will be responsible for defining tools and asset solutions and technical leadership for commercial Middleware & database modernization. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders. Deep hands-on architect experience with commercial or Open Source middleware and database technology and strategy for modernization and cloud native transformation.
We are searching for an experienced Infrastructure Architect to join our team ideally based in Sydney
but we can consider a Canberra
base for exceptional candidates. What will I be doing day to day?
- Define and refine modernization asset and tool(s) strategy
- Design architecture solution for middleware and database modernization into container platform through modular design
- Support campaign definition and Go-to-Market execution
- Advise on Cloud Container replatform, refactor and re-architecture Modernization Architecture
- Known as recognized Thought Leader, with proven track record driving pattern identification and estimation of the middleware and Database workloads, migrated & modernized to the target Cloud environment
- Acts as SME with high understanding in identifying application module-based System of Engagement (SOE), System of Interactions (SOI), and System of Record (SOR)
- Acts as a Trusted advisor for the client by listening to their pain points
- Engages team to co-create and design Modernization strategy and identifying the need for containerization, API, microservices creation or other forms of Modernization
- Interfaces with client executive(s) to clarify technical program status in a clear and concise manner
- Simplifies the solution approach by adopting a continuous modernization method
- Promotes innovation across the solution and delivery phases by leading the Design thinking workshops and leveraging Agile methodologies
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
- 10+ years of project experience in middleware, database and Cloud technologies
- Deep hands-on experience providing architectural leadership on cloud modernization
- Hands-on experience in applications integration using Open-Source and commercial middlewares such as Tomcat, MuleSoft, Tibco, Oracle WebLogic, JBoss or Open Liberty
- Hands-on experience with Open Source and commercial databases such as Oracle DB , SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in DevSecOps, Multi-cloud Management
- Experience with containerization and container management
- Experience in OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud, Foundry or container security
- Experience with cloud relevant application architectures such as microservices and full-stack development
- Understanding cooperation with IT Architects e.g., with processes including application transformation to Cloud-Ready or Cloud-Native
- Experience with application assessment, discovery and move to cloud strategy definition
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider and/or one platform such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of database migration to DbaaS (AWS, Azure, other)
- Experience with Containerization/Virtualization migration (e.g., Vmware, Red Hat Virtualization, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in migrating and modernization of legacy systems and applications
- Bachelor/Master degree in (technical) computer scienc
- Certified Cloud Architect for at least one cloud provider: AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, or Google Cloud
- Scripting languages knowledge: Python, Bash, PowerShell.
- Motivated to mentor teammates and peers and be mentored by Senior roles.
- Using IBM Garage methodology and other Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, ...)
- Thought leader, team player and team leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with hands-on style approach of working
- Knowledge in Opensource or Middleware product suites and databases such as Talend, Software AG, Talend, ActiveMQ, API3Scale, Fuse, MongoDB or Couchbase
- Experience on ETL, ESB and BPMs or Messaging (such as Kafka, Kafka Connect)
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, network, security and operation architecture
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise