Human Resources Business Partner
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
The People Business Partner position is a brand new, growth role that will support Airwallex employees and managers across Australia & New Zealand. You will provide expert guidance and data-driven insights to help people leaders achieve growth objectives, and support a high performance, engaged culture. This is an ideal position for a builder, someone who loves taking on key projects and executing. By forming effective relationships with people across the organisation you will drive forward new initiatives, resolve blockers to success, and advocate for improvements at both a local and global level.
- Be the point of contact for people leads and employees in the ANZ region when seeking HR guidance
- Design and build a number of high visibility People programs around employee engagement, career progression/development, comp and benefits etc
- Provide coaching on matters relating to: workforce planning, policy and procedure, employee engagement, conflict resolution, employee relations, compensation, performance management, career development, etc.
- Ensure that any employee relations issues are identified, reported, investigated, and resolved
- Reduce risk and ensure regulatory compliance by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day employee management, and understand when to escalate issues
- Partner with People Teams across the globe to gain alignment on people philosophy and programs where achievable, and localise programs as needed
- Work with managers to review employee engagement data and take steps to create action plans and support execution
- Participate in performance reviews and help identify and develop talent throughout the organisation
- Support and monitor performance management processes and use findings to recommend steps to support capability development
- Support the HR Director, APAC in the delivery of people projects as required
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or equivalent practical experience
- 5 or more years of HR Generalist / HRBP experience, including working knowledge of regional employment laws and best practices
- Experience in a fast-growth or start up environment preferred
- Demonstrated success partnership alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- Discretion and sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Comfort working with cloud technologies such as Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, Lever, and BambooHR
- Very strong EQ, with fine tuned instincts and problem solving skills.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.