Head of Legal
- Attractive Package
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Lewis Executive
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
Head of Legal for large Insurance entity in Melbourne
Your new role
Reporting to the General Counsel and Chief Risk Officer your role will be to establish structures for third party equity and debt funding for the development of;
- new aged care facilities
- dispute resolution and litigation management
- acquisitions of land and businesses
- creation of and advice on construction and development contracts
- processing of resident documents in both freehold and leasehold villages as well as residential aged care resident documents
- advising on Aged Care Act 1997; and
- retirement village law compliance.
The legal component also includes compliance activities which cover staff compliance training, compliance calendar maintenance and notifications, legislative updates and liaison with Departments of Health and other authorities. You will be required to maintain all risk management direction for the section including a 5 year plan for risk management activities, overseeing risk management meetings and collation of risk registers, creation and testing of emergency response and business continuity plans.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer from a practice with signficant experience as a Head of Legal & Compliance in the Insuance or complex financial institution. Candidates who have held a special counsel in Commercial Law Firm will also be considered if they were Insurance focused. Having worked in a Insurance/aged care enviroment will be highly desired.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a reputable listed firm based in Melbourne where you will be exposed to a growing organisation.