Head of Client Service, Asset Managers - GFS
Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients' most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities-spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services-allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986. Role Summary
You will be responsible for leading and managing the Global Fund Services (GFS) relationship management function. This will involve allocating client accounts to relationship managers according to client needs. You will determine staffing needs, makes hiring decisions, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities. Maintain communication with sales staff to anticipate needs effectively and provide support when needed. Conduct the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the division. What you will do
- Prepares and analyzes consolidated quarterly reports on new business progress for the unit and presents results to senior management
- Oversees client profitability. Understands competitive environment and anticipates and identifies opportunities for cross selling, develops pricing strategies, and works with the unit to enhance profitability
- Determines staffing needs, makes hiring decisions, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities
- Participates in developing the business unit strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the business unit
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an inclusive environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise
- Focus of role is on execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
As of June 30, 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- In-dept Functional / Industry knowledge is required with Asset Servicing and Asset Management highly regarded
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the Business Unit's goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff
- Knowledge of trust and asset services and business segment is required to promote the bank and its products
- Skills in negotiation, delegation, and sales are necessary to service the client relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- $15.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.5 trillion in assets under management
- $172 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.