General Manager, Financial Crime Risk
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Russell Reynolds Associates Australia Pty Ltd
- 04 Apr 18 2018-04-04
This financial services organisation has grown to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s most respected banks. To serve customers better, maintaining a strong risk governance and oversight framework is vital to growing and sustaining their business and achieving trust and confidence in their industry. • Strategic and operational leadership of financial crime risk function • Deliver future ready customer focused compliance • Group MLRO responsibility
The role of General Manager, Financial Crime Risk will provide strategic leadership and subject matter expertise in the design, delivery and implementation of enterprise wide financial crime risk policies, frameworks and oversight activities. This includes performing the accountabilities of the Group Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
This role will have a focus on developing and communicating the Group’s financial crime risk policies and frameworks across the enterprise including the review and approval of policy exceptions. This includes responsibility for the financial crime obligations resister, leading effective oversight activities to assess the implementation and adherence to enterprise policies and frameworks, and performing independent validation and oversight of internal remediation, major events and incidents.
The role will deliver meaningful and timely reporting of the consolidated enterprise financial crime risk position for senior leadership and the Board, along with leading and influencing senior stakeholders at the highest levels to achieve strong sustainable outcomes for the management of the organisation’s financial crime risk. It will be essential that this role builds a strong and proactive relationship with financial crime regulators and effectively leads a high performing team of financial crime subject matter experts.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience leading a second line financial crime function in a large and complex financial services organisation;
- Led a significant financial crime risk transformation program that delivered measurable improvements in operational practices and the organisation’s compliance activities related to financial crime. This includes changing a culture and mindset to be more focussed on financial crime compliance;
- Previously held accountability as the MLRO;
- Subject matter expertise in areas such as operational risk compliance, reputational risk, process risk, conduct risk, product design and implementation risk;
- Proven experience in managing risk, risk profiles and the alignment of strategy based on risk;
- Current direct accountability for the relationship and interaction with financial crime regulators and held in high regard by these organisations;
- Developed and led a high performing team preferably through a period of change; and
- A tertiary qualification in business, commerce or law.
To apply for this role please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org