Full Stack Developer - 12 month contract
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
The Investment Management Systems team services all of our Investment Management Group, consisting of the Equity Investment Group, Fixed Income Investment Group, Capital Markets, Investment Strategy Group, as well as external clients and vendors throughout the Asia-Pac region.
This 12 month contract role sits within our Equity team in Australia is responsible for providing software development and support services for a critical Portfolio Management system that support the global Equity business, worth over AUD $4 trillion. As part of the New Ways of Working (NWOW) transformation, we are looking to grow the full stacked team for one of the products in the Portfolio Management system. Core Accountabilities
What We Are Looking For
- Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modelling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards.
- Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
- Reviews documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
Specialization that will make an impact:
- Strong working experience with full stack progressive web/enterprise/cloud/desktop technologies.
- A passionate Developer with broad knowledge in various methodology practices and concepts: full product life cycle, Agile methodology, DevSecOps principals etc
- A strong and in-depth understanding of cloud, CI/CD practices, and modern development practices. Tooling such as Git/GitHub, Bamboo/Jenkins, Gradle, NPM/Yarn, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarQube, etc.
- Lead from the front and work alongside the wider team delivering quality and clean code constantly delivering key features. (Hands-on component circa 30% to 50% of your time)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry particularly Investment Management preferred
- Capability to question the status quo, challenge yourself and the business on the value that will be delivered to our customers
- Working to succeed as one team by providing technical mentoring and guidance, driving best of breed engineering practices relevant to the work, and uplifting technical ways of working.
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.