Full Stack Developer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Garage is IBM's approach to enable enterprises to accelerate, break through, and work more like startups.
The IBM Garage experience seamlessly blends business strategy, design and technology into a single end-to-end journey.
We use our lean- and agile-influenced Garage Method to drive customer success on the IBM Cloud platform at an accelerated pace.
We bring clients into the Garage to collaboratively develop applications using IBM's Design Thinking approach.
This user-centred approach naturally flows into a collection of agile practices for developing the apps and scaling them in production.
We assemble 'A' teams of developers, architects, designers and project managers to work together in multi-disciplinary teams.
Pairing is at the core of the way we are doing development and the way we are aiding clients to drive successful outcomes.
Garage developers will do pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration and deployment using modern tools.
We love co-creation, fast build pipelines, making great software, solving customer problems, and learning new things.
Our technical career path means even our senior developers code and share their knowledge by pairing. What Will I Be Responsible For?
You will need to:
- Contribute your technical expertise co-creating impactful business solutions with a dynamic and diverse team:
- Demonstrate growth mindset and continuous learning staying current on IBM strategy and offerings.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving skills combined with a keen desire to develop quality code in an agile process.
- Design, code and test innovative solutions taking the lead when required.
- Apply our agile method practices on client projects.
- Practice Pair Programming and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Create impactful relationships:
- Create strong, collaborative client relationships that invoke trust and confidence in the team's ability to deliver.
- Develop a strong technical network within IBM and the client, including developers, designers, solution architects and product owners.
- Vocal advocate within the developer community sharing best practices and advice.
- Apply a strategic innovation mindset:
- Rapidly turn ideas into reality with a focus on innovation and development of new technology.
- Proactively identify opportunities to create assets and file patentable technology.
- Actively share knowledge and new ideas through team tech sessions and at IBM and industry events.
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers, Designers, Architects & Project Managers, Customer Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
This position will be preferably located in Melbourne; however, we will consider candidates from Sydney or Brisbane. What Technical and Professional Expertise Will I Be Required To Have?
What Preferred Technology Stack Will I Be Using?
- Solid experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer (preferably aligned with the Preferred Technology Stack below).
- Experience developing and maintaining cloud native applications on IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, or other.
- Understanding of microservices and REST API design.
- Understanding code testability, build pipelines, docker, and CI/CD systems.
- Great communication skills - be able and keen to work directly with clients.
- A curious fast learner - you should be keen to experiment and adopt new technologies for new projects.
- Understanding and practical application of agile methods.
These are the technologies we use mostly on our projects:
What Must I Have?
- React JS and TypeScript for the front end.
- Node JS, Express JS, and TypeScript for the back end.
- Mongo DB.
- GitLab SCM.
- Kubernetes or OpenShift on IBM Cloud.
- Helm charts for templating.
- IBM Watson services for machine learning and AI.
Ready to join us?
- Must have self-drive to lead initiatives and multitask
- Permanent residency to live and work in Australia
To be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and leaders - people who want to make an impact, share their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. Keep reading. Sign Me Up!
If you tick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise