Fraud Operations Lead
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As part of the Australian Operations Leadership Team, this newly created role will own Australia's fraud operations plus settings. You'll be expected to drive standards in risk reduction and customer outcomes through the completion of risk assessments, decision rules, processes and operational excellence to ensure our current and future customers have a seamless experience with Airwallex and we protect all parties we interact with. Strong attention to detail and an excellent understanding on risk related topics for financial institutions is crucial.
What you'll do:
- Lead a growing team including hiring, performance management and coaching
- Providing guidance to Operations Analysts to improve risk settings and customer outcomes
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet team and company goals
- Support the launches of new products and use cases from a fraud / risk perspective
- Analyse and investigate patterns and trends
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements to further improve our investigations and rules
- Point of escalation and responsible for stakeholder management
- Ensure adherence to local and Global Compliance policies and procedures
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- People leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills
- The willingness to learn new processes and develop skills at a fast pace
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas - Card Fraud, Payment Acquisition, Credit Risk
- Experience working in a global environment strongly preferred
- Experience in FinTech or start-up experience strongly preferred
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.