See job description for details
About The Role
- Be a part of our Agile New Ways of Working
- Highly collaborative financial crime risk role
- Help to develop the future of banking in Australia and be a part of leading edge compliance solutions that are customer centric
Role Location: Melbourne
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time First, a bit about ANZ.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
The Financial Crime Governance & Controls Manager
role is part of the Strategic Delivery Portfolio. This is a community of experts at the heart of the Australia Retail & Commercial (AR&C) Division who improve performance profoundly. We oversee implementation of the Division’s strategy, and lead prioritisation and performance management to ensure delivery of our strategic outcomes and improving divisional execution.
ANZ NWOW Video
As the Financial Crime Governance & Controls Manager,
you will be responsible for the governance and review of Divisional Financial Crime obligations and control health to ensure AR&C Division adheres to the Australian Financial Crime laws and Global ANZ Financial Crime Policies including, but not limited to:
- Partnering with the Assurance teams and control assessment teams, advising on Divisional control matters and solutions;
- Involvement in remediation / issues / initiatives detected as a result of AML risk assessment process;
- To complete the Divisional AML Risk analysis, calibration and control health view and drive necessary actions arising from such;
- To work with the AR&C Leaders and Assurance teams to assess and action strategies relating to Financial Crime issues and remediation
- To lead Divisional updates for Board and Risk Committees on Financial Crime.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Detailed knowledge of Financial Crime regulation and banking processes relevant to Financial Crime.
- Analytical skills required to analyse Financial Crime risk and controls data from multiple sources to identify and measure trends and patterns.
- Proven ability to identify pragmatic solutions to managing risks, and then deliver against this.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious with a can-do attitude and positive energy. Ability to navigate through uncertainty
- Team player who is approachable, collaborative and a great listener yet ready to challenge the status quo in the quest for continuous improvement
- Strive to stretch and grow yourself by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback
- Energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the ban
- Demonstrate New Ways of Leading (NWOL) attributes, including: Curiosity, Creating Shared Clarity, Empowering People, Connecting with Empathy and Growing People Selflessly.
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That's why we strive to create balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
Career development means different things to different people. It may simply mean developing a skill, broadening your experience by moving sideways or stretching yourself by moving to a different business. How you manage and develop your career is up to you, but ANZ is committed to helping you do this by providing you with the support, tools and resources you need.
Here are some links to help you get started
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- Five Pillars of Career Success
- Manage your Career
- Steps to Career Success
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS128070.