See job description for details
About The Role
- Be a part of our Agile New Ways of Working
- Wide reaching financial crime role that spans across the largest customer base across ANZ
- Help to develop the future of banking in Australia and be a part of leading edge compliance solutions that are customer centric
Role Location: Melbourne
Role Type: 2 Permanent, Full-time opportunities available First, a bit about ANZ.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
The Financial Crime Governance & Controls Lead role is part of the Strategic Delivery Portfolio. This is a community of experts at the heart of the Australia Retail & Commercial Division who improve performance profoundly. We oversee implementation of the Division’s strategy, and lead prioritisation and performance management to ensure delivery of our strategic outcomes and improving divisional execution.
ANZ NWOW Video
As the Financial Crime Governance & Controls Lead
, you will be in a senior advisory and transformation role across all of Australia Retail & Commercial (AR&C) Division wherein your purpose is to combat financial crime against ANZ and our customers and to ensure that Financial Crime opportunities are minimised through identification and management of Financial Crime risks and working with business Executive Stakeholders and relevant teams to improve control gaps and weaknesses.
You will provide expert advice and direction to AR&C Businesses in identifying, assessing, documenting and escalating their Financial Crime risks, govern the end to end Financial Crime prevention & control strategies; and work closely with business teams to ensure coverage of controls across the end to end customer journey for Financial Crime.
You will establish and maintain thorough knowledge of key current and emerging Financial Crime threats internal to ANZ and best practice in other financial institutions and work with executives and their teams to develop appropriate strategies to respond. About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Detailed knowledge of Financial Crime regulations and banking processes relevant to Financial Crime.
- Experience in developing and implementing Financial Crime controls and/or prevention strategy across multiple business units.
- Analytical skills to identify and measure trends and patterns.
- Preferred experience of working with external bodies relevant to Financial Crime management (e.g. industry bodies).
- Proven ability to identify pragmatic solutions to managing financial crime risks, and then deliver against this.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills leading to being considered as the “trusted adviser”
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious with a can-do attitude and positive energy. Ability to navigate through uncertainty
- Team player who is approachable, collaborative and a great listener yet ready to challenge the status quo in the quest for continuous improvement
- Strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- Energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Demonstrate New Ways of Leading (NWOL) attributes, including: Curiosity, Creating Shared Clarity, Empowering People, Connecting with Empathy and Growing People Selflessly.
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That's why we strive to create balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
Career development means different things to different people. It may simply mean developing a skill, broadening your experience by moving sideways or stretching yourself by moving to a different business. How you manage and develop your career is up to you, but ANZ is committed to helping you do this by providing you with the support, tools and resources you need.
Here are some links to help you get started
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- Five Pillars of Career Success
- Manage your Career
- Steps to Career Success
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS128103.