- Build your career at NAB
- Broaden your commercial and business partnering experience
- Opportunity to influence & drive business performance
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We're NAB
Today, we have more than 33,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. We know that to be Australia and New Zealand's most respected bank, we need to be more than good with money. We need to be just as good with people, too.
We strive to embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. About the role
The role of Finance Partner will be to partner directly with the divisional executive leaders to provide commercial financial leadership and advice to the business, through understanding and interpreting financial results and business trends, to enable effective business decision making and drive stronger business performance. Accountabilities
In this challenging and pivotal role, your key responsibilities include:
Skills & experience
- Provide strategic and commercial advice through partnering with the business to provide/present, financial and non-financial results, performance drivers & trends, scenarios to enable a deeper understanding of the business performance and stronger business decision making;
- Identify financial performance trends, both positive and negative, and, through critical review & analysis of internal and external factors, develop and recommend short and longer term strategies to improve business performance;
- Work with the central planning teams to relay business knowledge that can be leveraged during the target setting and planning process;
- Engage and liaise with the business and their partners around executing plan target allocations;
- Create insights to assist the business in understanding plan challenges and opportunities to meet plan;
- Interface and engagement between business and Group Finance teams for technical issues (GAP, TAX, etc), regulatory requirements (including changes) and application of Enterprise Finance policies;
- Collaborate with Group Finance teams to deliver business advice, Enterprise Finance initiatives and regulatory requirements;
- Execute business cases, investment prioritisation decisions, benefit realisation, supplier contract reviews and other ad hoc requests to support business strategy;
- Provide a holistic view of business unit financial performance considering, external factors (market conditions, competitor actions, regulations), internal processes which can be influenced (eg, controllable business drivers, internal pricing decisions) to enable accurate & informative reporting of the Divisions performance to both the Divisional Group Exec and Group Finance/Group CFO;
- Provide input to Group Finance on the build of the strategic and operation plan to ensure business commitments are realistic and achievable through an understanding of business conditions and Group requirements;
- Deliver on all People Leader Fundamental expectations (where role has leadership responsibilities) across all team members including but not limited to performance reviews, coaching, scorecards and IDPs.
You will have demonstrated experience working in a similar Senior Finance Business Partner role ideally within a large scale complex organisation. Your extensive business partnering and commercial experience coupled with your ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity will ensure your success in this position. You will be a highly talented finance professional with demonstrated ability to think strategically, influence and drive outcomes across multiple stakeholder groups; and you will have a proven track record of delivery through relentless execution and collaboration. A relevant tertiary qualification and post qualification (CA or CPA) is required for this position. Culture
We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence. Benefits
At NAB, we provide access to many exclusive employee benefits that will support you both personally and professionally. These include volunteer leave, education and learning benefits and banking & financial services discounts for example. Visit our benefits page for more information http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits How to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. Advertised:
31 Oct 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time