Experience Designer - UX & UI
Australia Business Transformation (ANZx Program) - Business Banking
We are redesigning and rebuilding our Australian business, propositions and experiences with a handpicked selection of best-in-class partners and technologies. To achieve this, we’re assembling an inspired and talented team who are excited about challenging convention and creating truly engaging offerings for our customers.
We care about Design: At ANZ, we have a holistic view of design. We see design as a set of disciplines and a common approach to identifying people’s needs and crafting elegant solutions to satisfy them. Effective design is not just about aesthetics or experience. It needs to consider how all aspects of our business come together to deliver our products and services.
We were the first bank in the world to introduce a Chief Design Officer and we have widely embraced Human Centred Design to help tackle internal and external opportunities. We also have one of the largest communities of designers in Australia, across a range of disciplines from UX, UI, Service Design, Design Research and Content Design.
What’s your mission? As a User Experience Designer focusing on business banking, your team’s mission is to focus on creating compelling and differentiated propositions and experiences for business owners. We aspire to have a transformative effect on the success of business owners as they plan, set up and run their businesses. You’ll be comfortable taking on complex challenges and translating them into desirable, viable and feasible service experiences that millions of customers will use every day.
All members of ANZ’s design community should have:
- Deep empathy, research and synthesis skills , with ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviours and extract powerful actionable insights
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate conceptual ideas, research findings, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually to different audiences and varying levels of the organisation
- Passion to push creativity , challenge established thinking and processes, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Ability to visualise abstract ideas and concepts
- Strong knowledge of and experience with design processes and methodologies
- Experience with digital product development within large organisations , including digital strategies, roadmaps and detailed design
- Ability to manage ambiguity , work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Ego-free and open learning mindset with an ability to take on and give clear and constructive feedback
- Experience delivering services and experiences to market.
As a UX Designer your strengths are:
- Evaluative design research – experience conducting qualitative research (i.e. observations, interviews, focus groups, usability testing) and quantitative research (i.e. data, A/B testing), in order to test, learn & iterate
- Information architecture – you have strong experience carrying out IA research and arranging functionality and content into easy to understand and use structures
- Ideation – you have experience in using collaborative ideation techniques to creating interfaces for large-scale websites or applications
- Task and customer flows – you can systematically break down complex processes to create coherent, seamless experiences
- Rationale – you have the ability to translate research insights into solid design solutions and provide strong rationale for the design decisions made
- Prototyping – you’re highly proficient with design and prototyping tools and have the ability to craft functional, easy-to-use and detailed digital prototypes with a range of software (e.g. Sketch, Axure, Figma, InVision, etc.)
- Some cross-over into Visual design – you have an eye for great visual design, but we’re not looking for someone who can execute on final detail design, just the ability to create prototypes that are more refined than basic wireframes. Also the ability to prototype with an existing design library.
- Understanding of front end or native mobile technologies – e.g. web (HTML/JS frameworks) and mobile (iOS/Android). We’re not looking for an expert though.
What else can you expect at ANZ?
- We care deeply about your continued development as a designer and we actively support a broad range of professional development initiatives.
- Guilds. We’ll give you the time each week to learn new skills, grow as a person and share intel with your team-mates.
- And a heap of other benefits from education to volunteer leave to flexible working. Learn about these (and more) at https://www.anz.com.au/careers/life-at-anz/belong/
To apply: If you fit our description and are excited by this opportunity, we invite you to apply to the link below and submit your resume and condensed portfolio no larger than 5MB showcasing your experience, skills, contributions and what you’ve learned along the way.
The position is based in Melbourne, Australia.