See job description for details
About The Role
- Highly engaged culture aiming to support your development
- Be part of a collaborative team
- Enabling our people to thrive in the workforce, today and tomorrow
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Melbourne
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time
The Estates Associate is responsible for ensuring completion of Deceased Estates with adherence to Risk & Compliance requirements. This includes engaging internal and external stakeholders.
At its most basic level, this role involves being contacted by both internal and external customers (Solicitors, Executors, and the Australian Branch Network) across various products and services. The objective is to minimise potential reputational and monetary losses to the bank and maintaining strong levels of customer service. Your Role
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Verify identity of executors and administrators following ANZ’s KYC process in line with AML legislations.
- Guide executors and administrators through the requirements to finalise an estate with ANZ.
- Action files in line with legislation, thresholds and manage associated risk.
- Process transactions completely and accurately in the timeframe agreed with the customer.
- Negotiate payment arrangements where customers are unable to meet the requirements of contractual payments.
- Take ownership and provide the necessary follow up for cases worked as appropriate.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- People skills with the ability to listen and be patient with an executor or relative relating to the deceased customer.
- A compassionate attitude and ability to act quickly and efficiently in response to customers’ enquiries.
- Ability to work to a routine and a set time frame with excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of Windows (including MS Office)
- Knowledge of Retail, Mortgages, Credit Cards & Small Business Products.
- Proven ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task as the role is a combination of phone and administrative work.
- Well-developed communication skills specifically oral and written communication.
- Problem identification and problem solving/investigations skills.
- Focuses on customer
- Ability to make sound judgement
- Ability to manage change
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS129136. ( This role has multiple openings)