Enterprise Support Lead
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of businesses are using AWS cloud solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
As an ESL you will lead a pod of Technical Account Managers that are responsible for the customer experience of large, fast growing customers adopting AWS. You will partner closely with one of our largest Enterprise customers to enable their transformative journey to the cloud by thinking in the Amazon way; we never sacrifice long term goals for short term gain. With an understanding of AWS best practices, you will prepare your customer to adopt operational excellence at scale. You will drive clarity and provide visibility of how Enterprise Support is critical to IT operations in the cloud.
You will support your customer's spirit for innovation across a range of technologies including Compute, Storage, Database, Data Analytics, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. As customers embrace the agility the cloud offers and use it to drive transformations within their businesses, the relationships you establish with executives inside Amazon and our customers will be a key part of success in this role. You will have an opportunity to impact organisation wide processes and roadmap, becoming a trusted advisor and directly influencing how one of our key customers uses AWS in the long term.
As adoption of the AWS platform grows and customer use cases become increasingly complex, you will be responsible for participating in and improving the Cloud Governance models our customers adopt. Having a deep understanding of your customer's critical applications will allow you to lead the effort to invent and simplify on a joint approach to incident management. With your team's expertise and support, they will prepare and plan for critical events ahead of time and design, deploy and operate environments that are optimised for cost, resilience and security.
Watch a short video about life as a Technical Account Manager team here https://bit.ly/2AivWrM
• You'll enable C-suite executives to embrace agility and deliver high impact transformation
• Solid grasp of Cloud governance concepts such as Point-in-Time Compliance, Change Monitoring, and Automation
• Prepare and plan for critical customer events
• Lead and sponsor customer enablement programs that uplift our customer's capabilities
• Drive operational efficiency in the cloud at scale
• Ability to analyse, evaluate and adopt best practice from other AWS Enterprise Support teams around the globe
• Own and define the technical strategy including establishing metrics, governance forums etc.
• Serve as an advocate for the customer and help shape the future roadmap of AWS services
• Collaborate with Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
• Plan ahead of time, ensuring AWS environments remain performant, available and highly resilient
• Make history by playing a key role in customer journeys that set the benchmark for large enterprise
• Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you'll drive technical discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
• You will explain transformational concepts to executive decision makers
• Being part of a wider Enterprise Support team you'll provide post-sales, consultative expertise
• Lead, mentor and coach other Technical Account Managers whilst contributing to the wider technical community
• Clear and concise communicator, both written and verbal
Longer term, you will have the chance to further develop your leadership skills as we continue to grow the team. You'll develop your knowledge of AWS services, have the opportunity to gain further certifications whilst working with some of the most talented cloud technologists in the country.
Want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? We'd love to hear from you.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Basic Qualifications
• Understanding of I.T infrastructure, Web Technologies, Systems Administration, DevOps and/or Application Development
• Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Principal Consultant, Operations Manager, Service Delivery etc.
• Experience leading IT transformation in Enterprise scale environments
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
• Experience architecting and operating solutions at scale
• Experience handling issues, incident, problem, and service availability
• Solid presentation skills with a high degree of comfort influencing technology strategy with executives through to developers Preferred Qualifications
• Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings
• Deep understanding of information security and risk management including compliance, authentication, federation, encryption, and network security