Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime. What you'll do:
As an Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery and quality of the feature team you are leading. While you are a technically strong engineer, realistically only 20-30% of your time will be hands on the tools writing code and delivering features as majority of your time will be aligning with commercial leaders and Product/Strategy teams and ensuring the quality of the teams output is at the right level and that the team is working effectively to meet its objectives.
Our feature teams deliver business outcomes, not just product features, developing a number of REST services and integration components that provide capabilities to our React frontend via a backend micro services architecture.
The role will span a range of activities including designing and building new capabilities to support our product roadmap, architectural review of new and current solutions, delivery management, reduction of tech debt and enhancement to improve operational effectiveness such as MTTD and MTTR.
Who you are:
- You are a leader- with 2 year's experience leading a team to deliver
- You are committed - you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API's - from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people
- You are naturally curious- always asking why and suggesting new ways to do things
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years working in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Exposure working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- GCP experience preferred, but AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes is great too
- Experience with operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.