Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime. What you'll do:
As an Engineering Director, you will oversee an entire domain and all of the teams within it. You be responsible for the delivery and engineering quality of those teams and will work along side a Product Director to drive the domain forward from a strategic and technical direction
While you are a technically strong engineer who is still passionate about writing code, your leadership skills, product thinking and business acumen is what really sets you apart.
You will spend majority of your time playing a highly collaborative role and working closely with the senior engineering leadership, product directors and architects in defining long-term organizational software strategies and roadmaps.
You will also be responsible for planning and providing directions on all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the domain team while being accountable for the delivery of a complete end-to-end technical solution.
Who you are:
- You are a leader- with 5+ year's experience leading a high powered engineering team
- You are committed - you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people
- You are naturally curious- always asking why and suggesting new ways to do things
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years working in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Exposure working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- GCP experience preferred, but AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes is great too
- Experience with operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.