Engineering Chapter Lead
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
Engineering Chapter Lead
NWOW - Engineer, Fraud Collections and Workflow Tribe;
Business Automation and Integration Domain
The Business Automation and Integration Domain’s vision is to work with our customers, partners and within ANZ to create commercially viable, open and innovative services that meet evolving needs and contribute to our growth ambitions. We will radically simplify the customer and banker experience through the automation and simplification of key banking processes.
The Document and Knowledge Management Tech area’s mission is to provide the technology platform, services and support that optimises our document and knowledge management platforms, systems and processes to enable digitisation of documents to radically simplify the customer experience.
The journey we are embarking on is focused on Digitising Documents and to provide Document as a Service for the enterprise which covers Document Capture, Document Generation, Document Collaboration and Document Management with Enterprise Search capabilities.
As an Engineer Chapter Lead in the Fraud Collections and Workflow tribe and Business Automation and Integration Domain you’ll be working as part of a high performing cross-functional team that focuses on Document and Knowledge Management. You will have significant hands on engineering\development experience to drive software delivery excellence and best in class engineering standards for the platform.
Who are you?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What you bring to Document and Knowledge Management team as an Engineer?
- Deep domain and knowledge of Content Management/Document Collaboration techniques including, Document Capture, Document Management, Document Generation and Electronic Signatures
- Validate assumptions and ensure the current/proposed product is solving the user's problem
- Proven analytical skills and evidence based decision making
- Proven ability to innovate and adapt to latest development in area of expertise
- Capable of building a successful team and manage, motivate, mentor the team towards excellence in terms of their technical and soft skills.
- Ensure development is focused on the maintenance and growth of the products
- Previous experience in scoping and developing plans for strategic pieces of work
- Experience in modern development practices and languages such as: Java & Angular
- A thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies (e.g. self-learning, community involvement, or contributing to open source) bringing benefits into the tribe
- Work with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable applications
- Design, implement, triage and diagnose defects/issues across the full stack
- Write unit tests, perform code reviews, and be involved with design discussions about architecture, data models, business logic
- Solve application level design problems, resulting in robust systems
Desirable to have following skills:
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery, Cloud and Automation. Tooling such as Git/GitHub, Bamboo/Jenkins, splunk, uDeploy, containerisation etc.
- Experience in OpenText and IBM Enterprise Content Management platforms
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches
- Experience working with Automation and Cloud base solutions