See job description for details
About the role
- Utilise your operations experience and shift into engineering
- Excellent tools, support and guidance to develop your early career
- Collaborate on fast solutions for ANZ
Role location: Melbourne
Role Type: Permanent full-time, flexible working options available
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Engineer / Operations Engineer to join our Transform Customer Service Tribe which sits within our Retail & Commercial Division.
Our Engineer / Operations Engineers design, build, test and support applications and / or underlying bank infrastructure. They work closely with squad members to ensure outcomes meet customer expectations.
This is a great opportunity to develop your early career as an Engineer / Operations Engineer. We will provide you the tools, support and guidance to succeed and grow your career. Whilst this is an Engineering role, it is focussed heavily on Operations so is a great opportunity to shift your Operations career into an Engineer and utilise your coding/computer science/ info systems background and/or interest.
As an Engineer / Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for securing fast technical solutions for ANZ which will draw heavily on your critical thinking and ability to question systems, processes and requirements. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Support key data platform and/or data scheduling jobs to support insights delivery to key audiences (e.g. frontline, other tribes)
- Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
- Works in collaborative teams to build innovative solutions
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities
- Contributes to Engineering communities, meetups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
- Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management
- Creates estimates and continuously reviews demand within the individual Squads/teams
- May create, understand and monitor application metrics
- Detailed knowledge of SQL Database management processes and architecture
- Exceptional understanding of SQL performance analysis and tuning / capacity planning / query optimization
- Good design principles to developing backend (performance, scalability, security)
- Experience consuming and producing integration endpoints (services, message queues).
- Practical experience with at least one programming language (Java, C#, C )
- Understanding of application infrastructure (networks, application servers, databases, integration)
- Experience using technologies such as JSON, XML, SOAP or REST for integrating with a service based backend
- Experience in working with HTML(5), CSS/CSS3, Pega Robotics, J2EE platform, microservices, and API development will be highly regarded
- Understanding of Agile and/or SCRUM principles
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we'd love to hear from you. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're focused on seeing our people thrive just as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself . If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS143401