- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
Java Software Engineer – eFX Technology – Melbourne
The Institutional domain will deliver full end-to-end world class products and services to our global Institutional, Corporate and Commercial and Retail customers across Asia. It will incorporate capabilities across areas of Investment Banking, Trading and Sales, Cash Management, Wholesale Lending and Trade Finance and with a single view of a customer to better integrate business and technology in creating a seamless customer experience.The domain will lead digital transformation in areas such as trade and supply chain management to create a seamless customer experience.
Foreign Exchange Services
To provide Best-in-Class Foreign Exchange Services to ANZ customers by empowering staff to build World-class products. eFX Technology Team is responsible for FX electronic market making, aggregation and algorithmic trading.
What does a 'day in the life' look like
- Works with traders, quantitative analysts, java engineers, analysts and testers to deliver low latency FX trading systems
- Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
- Works in collaborative teams to build innovative solutions
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities
- Implements a culture within the Tribe and the Chapter, encouraging best practices around reviews, quality and documentation
- Contributes to Engineering communities, meetups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
- Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management
- Creates estimates and continuously reviews demand within the individual Squads/teams
- May create, understand and monitor application metrics
- eFX Risk Management – electronic pricing in FX markets
- eFX Liquidity and Execution – market data aggregation and SOR build out
- eFX Pricing and Distribution – distribution of FX prices to internal/external client
Role Skills and Responsibilities
What will be in your toolkit
- Have a thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies bringing benefits into the Tribe
- Ability to triage and diagnose defects/issues
- Experienced working with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions (desired but not mandatory)
- Understand customer needs to make sound judgments
- Pays attention to the detail and demonstrates problem solving capability to develop and deliver quality solutions
- Understanding of current state landscape and relevant technologies
- Has a broad understanding of how to apply New Ways of Working to their role
We are looking for passionate software engineers with strong core java. The Java developer(s) would be responsible for developing low-latency Java FX trading systems. Prior investment banking experience would be highly regarded.
The following skills are necessary for the role:
- Strong core Java 8
- Multi-threaded programming and OO design
- Shell/Bash scripting
- Building high throughput low latency java software including performance tuning and optimisation to achieve microsecond latencies.
- Passionate, self-starter with the ability to work on problems from inception to completion
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate within eFX Technology team, wider FX technology, support and trading stakeholders
- Strong academic background, preferably in computer science or a hard-science
- Quantitative development experience in high frequency electronic market making/algorithmic trading
- Low latency messaging
- Event sourcing
- Experience in FX trading systems, Market Marking, SOR or FIX
- Hardware for low latency, Linux kernel/OS internals
Visit our ANZ Life page for more information on how we work at ANZ
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Engineering@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page