- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Engineer – Banker Experience
First, a bit about ANZ.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
Your team mission?
Engineering solutions to lift the productivity, effectiveness and satisfaction of our frontline teams, helping them to work more efficiently and deliver great service to our customers.
As an Engineer in the Banker Experience tribe you’ll be working as part of a high performing cross-functional team building a suite of omni-channel microservices and progressive web apps to enhance how our customers interact with ANZ.
Who are you?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What you bring to Banker Experience as an Engineer?
- A thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies (e.g. self-learning, community involvement, or contributing to open source) bringing benefits into the tribe
- Work with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable applications
- Design, implement, triage and diagnose defects/issues across the full stack
- Write unit tests, perform code reviews, and be involved with design discussions about architecture, data models, business logic
You will also have the following specialised skills:
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery. Tooling such as Git/GitHub, Bamboo/Jenkins, Gradle, NPM/Yarn, Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift, SonarQube, etc.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches
- Ability to use open source technologies and tools
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.