See job description for details
Job Title: Engineer- Cloud, GCP
Location: Docklands, Melbourne.
- Do work that matters at scale, using modern cloud platforms
- Collaborate with talented teams of engineers and analysts
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive, and to achieve this we need a talented Cloud Engineer to join our Cloud Platforms technology area. The Cloud Platforms technology area sits within our Infrastructure and Cloud Services Domain and builds and operates our cloud platforms. Role Overview
You relentlessly automate all the things and apply best practices in CI/CD and infrastructure automation. You lecture people about DRY, and you can talk at length about git branching strategies and secrets management. You likely know more than one cloud and be able to bring experience in networking, software, and SRE to our cloud estate - starting as always with the code. You are a champion of open-source development and git, bash, docker & Kubernetes are the bread and butter of your day job.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work on missions that excite you, including developing platforms and services which will help our customers get on top of their money while using the latest tech stacks.
We’re making ANZ a great place for engineers to grow. You’ll learn and innovate because underpinning everything we do is a Growth Mindset. We’ll challenge you to become an industry-leading engineer while supporting you in a friendly work environment. What a Typical Day will look like:
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Work in a collaborative team to explore business initiatives and solutions
- Build infrastructure using code and follow software engineering best practices
- Utilise knowledge of distributed system design including cloud scalability, communication integration, database, and storage
- Challenge the status quo, whilst always looking for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Forget the suit stereotype - we encourage you to dress for your day
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience building and operating Cloud technology at scale, using either AWS or GCP
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform or Cloud Formation, along with continuous integration/delivery tooling such as Bitbucket/GitHub, Google Cloud Build/CodeFresh/Jenkins, etc.
- Extensive experience working within cross-functional, agile or continuous delivery teams
- A growth mindset and desire to continually learn and share new techniques and ideas
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're focused on seeing our people thrive just as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS141009