Do you have what it takes to SOLVE the most complex problems, DESIGN the most sophisticated solutions and BUILD the most innovative technology?
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 23 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Play a significant role in implementing leading edge technologies in Australia's most successful and innovative organisations.
- Accelerate your career by helping us to solve some of the most complex problems facing Australian organisations using advanced technologies like AI and Cognitive Solutions.
- Think big, Solve complex, Design sophisticated, Build innovative. REPEAT x49. Now you're ready for the ultimate challenge.
Solution 49˟ uses a human-centred design approach to enhance decision-making in all its myriad sizes, scopes, structure and forms. Through our focus on decision-making, we help our clients define and deliver their customer engagement and operational strategies. We do this by conceiving and implementing intelligent systems, architectures, processes and new operating models. We design, develop and deploy solutions that digitise and automate clients' decision making processes. Our work embeds artificial intelligence, machine-based learning, cognitive computing, advanced analytics, probabilistic reasoning and deterministic business rules management into core processes and functions within client organisations.
Our team includes a broad spectrum of skills from strategists to statisticians, scientists to software developers, anthropologists to behavioural economists and our dogs (and the other parts of life that make us real, rounded 'humans'). We're proud of our diversity and deeply believe this is the key to our innovation and success.
Do you agree with these philosophies? If so, we'd love to talk with you:
- Complexity creates opportunity - whether at an industry, organisational, functional or individual level, dealing with disruption and bringing together truly differentiated solutions means we need to be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Bringing a point of view is paramount - our team are passionate about their area of discipline and their ability to apply their knowledge to the opportunities that today's business presents.
- Embrace collaboration to be creative - the creativity and uniqueness of our solutions is attainable only through the bonds between our team members. We focus on the 'mortar between the bricks', strengthening and deepening the connections between our team members to transform our diverse expertise into a strong and successful culture.
- Passionate and humble - we love our work and it shows! Our clients are the experts when it comes to their businesses and their customers. We listen with compassion and respond with intellect and pragmatism.
- Curious and committed to growth - we are continuously evolving and learning. Each team member is individually supported to provide continuous skill development and career advancement. Success comes from the growth of our people, drawing upon their drive, expertise and experience to advance individual and collective development and success.
We are looking for ambitious technical consultants who are passionate about helping our clients define bold ambitions and deliver on them. As a Solution 49 x Technical Consultant you will be accomplished in a related chosen field - our clients, their problems and our approaches are diverse therefore a team with varied backgrounds is crucial to our success. The key is to bring a record of achievement across one, or many, of the following job roles:
- Technical Solution Architect - you will take responsibility for the architecture and design of technology components that form Solution 49 x solutions. Solution 49 x solutions typically involve a combination of data engineering, analytics, automated decisioning, integration and digital channel technology components. You will have the responsibility from solution conception through to successful implementation.
- Data Scientist - you will design, develop and implement flexible and extensible analytic solutions that typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes and focus on areas of our client's business such as customer, product and supply chain, just to name a few. You will work with business stakeholders on factual problem formation, data identification and deriving answers that can be operationalized to solve business issues.
- Data Engineer - you are the designer, builder and manager of the information or "big data" infrastructure, preparing data for analytical or operational use. You will design, construct, test and maintain a data pipeline to pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data; and structure it for use in individual analytics applications.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 19 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time