Digital Data Scientist (Digital Sales Experience)
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Feb 19
Digital Data Scientist (Digital Sales Experience)
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
The Digital Sales Experience team looks after ANZ’s web content platform, online sales capability, digital analytics and marketing/advertising platforms, agency relationships, and delivers targeted messages to existing customers in digital channels.
The Digital Intelligence squad is focussed on democratising digital data and insights across ANZ, enabling streamlined processes for converting insight into action across our martech digital ecosystem, and identifying rich opportunities for personalised and optimised experiences.
We are establishing a Data Science capability within our Digital Intelligence squad and are looking for two strong all-rounders to help connect our assets and grow a function that delivers actionable rich insights, challenges our understanding of customers and their needs, and creates a culture of experimentation.
We will look to you to mine the information we have to uncover deep insights and develop and test hypotheses to understand and solve specific business problems / leverage business opportunities, optimise customer journeys and improve customer experience.
You will work collaboratively with our analysts, marketers and product owners to understand their challenges, share your findings, and implement tests and changes to the digital experiences of our customers.
You will also work on improving our ability to leverage the information we capture and operationalise / action analytic outputs – such as integrating data assets and establishing points of integration between our marketing, advertising and analytic platforms, so that our speed to insight and outcome improves, and we shift the dial towards real-time learning and personalisation.
Who are you?
- An all-rounder and strong communicator
- Quick to grasp new concepts and technologies
- Commercially-savvy and focussed on actionable insight
- An advocate for the customer and proponent of ethical analytics
- Passionate and curious about people, their needs and wants, putting them at the centre of everything you do
- Focussed on continuous improvement
- Able to explore customer needs in a data-driven way, develop and implement innovative solutions, test the outcomes, and iterate
- Someone who asks for and gives feedback regularly
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field, such as applied mathematics, statistics, computer science
- 3 years data engineering experience working with both Batch and Real-Time Interfaces / APIs
- 3 years experience in advanced analytics, model building and optimisation, familiar with traditional, modern and emerging tools and techniques
- Good experience with programming languages such as Python, R, Java, Scala, etc
- Good experience with platforms/tools such as GCP, Adobe Analytics, SAS, Tensorflow/ML frameworks, Kafka/Data Pipelines
- Strong experience working with relational databases and big data platforms
- Strong presentation and data visualisation skills
- A process automation and sustainable development mindset
- Deep analytical thinking, continuously looking for the ‘why’
- Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders regardless of their technical or analytical knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others, and the aility to effectively communicate with all stakeholders regardless of their technical or analytical knowledge
- A track record of implementing advanced analytics and optimisation projects end to end and realising business value
- Experience with digital (web) data highly desired
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.