Deloitte Access Economics - 2020 Graduate Program (Melbourne)
Top Tips for Submitting your Application
If you're reading this then you must be ready for one of the most important stages you're likely to experience; submitting your application. We've found that those who are well prepared and have conducted plenty of research prior to starting the application process have the best chance of progressing to interviews.
Before you select "Apply Online" below, here are our top tips and checklist to guide you in making a successful application. #1 - Register on YourFuture.Deloitte.com.au
Do you want to maximise the chances of a successful application? Then we cannot recommend enough that you register on Your Future. This purpose-built website has been designed to be your hub throughout your recruitment experience. You can also find a wide range of other supporting information here, relating to events, life at Deloitte, interview preparation advice and much more. #2 - Know which Program and Business Unit/Operating Unit you are best suited to
Knowing which Business Unit/Operating Unit to apply for is critical to your success in securing a position with us. Using the Your Future website, campus events, videos and other information that we've published we seek to provide you with enough to educate you on the many Business Units and Operating Units within Deloitte Australia. #3 - Applying for a role
It is important to note that applying for more than one role will not increase your chances of successfully securing an interview or a position. What is important is that you have conducted thorough research, and can clearly articulate in your application why the Business Unit/Operating Unit you are applying to is the right fit for you.
Additional Tip: Sometimes we see up to 3 or more applications from the same candidate. Often when this occurs we find that the individual has not done enough research, and it is rare that these applications are successful. #4 - Providing an email address
When registering on Your Future and when you create your profile to apply for a role, please use an email address that you use often and will be using for the foreseeable future. Your email address is one of many ways we will engage and communicate with you, so make sure you check it regularly. #5 - Application questions
Our online application process is designed to collect only the information we really need to assess your eligibility and suitability for our roles. While we suggest you put aside sufficient time to consider your application, rest assured that we won't be asking you to respond to questions that require long, free text responses. We save those questions for more appropriate parts of the application process. #6 - Getting back to you
At Deloitte Australia, we are absolutely committed to getting back to you as soon as we can. Whether it is by email or phone, we will let you know if you are unsuccessful or you are progressing to the next step in the process. While we receive over 20,000 applications over the coming months, if you are yet to hear from us, you are still under consideration. Your Checklist: What to have prepared
Before selecting 'Apply Online' and commencing your application, be prepared with the following:
What to expect when you start your application
- You have researched the Business Unit/Operating Unit you are applying for (YourFuture.Deloitte.com.au)
- Be aware of your eligibility for the specific Program you are applying for (You can find this on Your Future)
- You have updated your resume so that it showcases your experience and skills as it relates to the Business Unit/Operating Unit that you wish to apply for.
- You have your academic transcripts ready to upload
- You have your proof of right to work in Australia (passport or Citizenship Certificate) ready to be uploaded
- International students - please have your relevant visa label and evidence of English language proficiency results ready to upload
The application process will take you through a number of stages and shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. These stages will require you to:
- Select the relevant Program (Vacationer or Graduate) for the relevant Business Unit/Operating Unit in the city you wish to be based
- Next you will be asked to register a username and password (if you haven't previously registered)
- Complete the online application form
- Attach your resume, academic transcript, copy of work rights and evidence of English language proficiency results (if you are an international student)
- Finally, answer all the application questions so we can determine your eligibility and suitability for the role
All the best with your application, we're looking forward to seeing it. The Deloitte Australia Graduate Talent Acquisition Team
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUGRAD160623