Data & Analytics Analyst
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities. KPMG's ITS Data & Analytics team
focuses on assisting business to solve complex business issues that add value and/or reduce reputational, operational, financial risks. Supported by our ITS division, the analytics group brings together analytics specialists and subject matter expertise to provide a unique service that allows business to commission one-off pieces of analytics work across on-premise and cloud platforms, proofs of concept or ongoing data-oriented managed services. It represents a critical component to KPMG's analytics strategy. Your Opportunity
We are looking for a Mid-senior level Data Analyst to join our team to assist us in supporting and building reporting use cases using MS BI Suite technology and Power BI. You would need to perform Systems Administration, which typically involves the set-up and management of data and platforms both on-premise and Cloud , using innovative techniques to provision or maintain data assets and platforms. Candidates will be expected to manage the technical components of the platform (installations, configurations, access control etc.) and work closely with the infrastructure provider and our internal security and network teams.
How are you Extraordinary?
- Support/Enhance existing reporting platform or build new use cases using MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Build and support ETL frameworks including Auditing and Monitoring.
- Develop, Manage and Enhance Power BI reports/Visualisations.
- Install and configure Business Intelligence/Analytics components across On-Prem and Cloud platforms(e.g. Python, Qlik, Tableau, Power-BI, D3)
- Database management, primarily MS-SQL (e.g. database creation, schema creation, performance tuning);
- Build DevOps pipelines for Continuous Integration and Development including testing frameworks.
- Manage BI/Analytics platforms (e.g. license, access control, network configurations, LDAP integration);
- Assist "Data and Analytics Manager" with proof of concepts to introduce innovative platforms to landscape;
- Pro-actively drive forward new and creative ideas and analytical solutions/platforms which benefit KPMG;
- Coordinate with the infrastructure provider and internal teams for network management, security and identity management to support the BI/Analytics platforms.
- Develop internal networks and maintaining relationships with colleagues across other teams within KPMG
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include: Qualifications:
The KPMG Difference
- Experience in developing complex Data Analytics & BI Solutions.
- Analysing and business consulting with data - data strategy, using relational databases (SQL), data workbench & visualisation tools for project delivery, applying business logic and interpreting results
- 5+ years of experience in MS BI Suite( SSIS, SSRS and SSAS).
- Experience in building and Managing Power BI Visualisations/Reports both Report Server and Cloud Service.
- Backend server knowledge of data visualisation tools necessary (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, D3)
- Experience and understanding of Cloud technologies and components around Data Ingestion, Storage, Modelling and Cataloguing.
- Experience in building generic Cloud Based data ingestion pipelines would be an added advantage.
- Experience/knowledge of managing BI Platforms that comprise of multiple technology components (for data ingestion, data storage and data analysis).
- Ability to build DevOps pipelines for CI/CD.
- Experience in setting up or configuring Windows and Linux servers.
- Knowledge of other ancillary components to the core platform, like network, security, user access, data encryption, backups and data retention.
- Tenacious problem-solving attitude, particularly when helping trying to root cause the backend technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience
- Desirable to have knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
At KPMG, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone's unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government's Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary ! Advertised:
09 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close:
21 Oct 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now