See job description for details
Job Title: Data Scientist Location: Docklands, Melbourne
- Do work that matters by solving problems that enable financial wellbeing
- Get stuck into our huge data sets to create solutions for our customers
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive, and to achieve this, we need talented Data Scientist to join our Institutional Data & analytics squad. You will be a highly skilled practitioner and thought leader that helps ANZ deliver leading customer experiences and business performance improvements through the activation of data analytics. You will bridge the gap between business opportunities and analytics system implementation. What does a 'day in the life' look like:
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Working with senior stakeholders in the business to explore a specific business problem/opportunity and work up a data analysis brief
- Identify relevant data sets generated across the business’ data estate
- Explore and apply relevant analysis techniques, including a range of machine learning methods
- Apply story telling and visualisation to inform strategic decisions
- Prepare and deploy trained models or algorithms to production pipelines.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills to understand the complexity of our data, and subsequently provide valuable insights
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with tools and techniques used in data science, analysis, data manipulation and visualisation (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python/R, Cloud technologies, Tableau)
- Experience in advanced analytical modelling (e.g. supervised/unsupervised machine learning, Propensity modelling, Predictive analysis), and its use in business contexts
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset to continuously improve the level of insights through strong customer lens
- Strong ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendations
- Thorough approach to detail, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Have a strong desire to mentor others and lead work all the way through
- Proven data wrangling skills to quickly understand and validate different data sources to build effective, sustainable analytical assets
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS130019)