See job description for details
, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has moved to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page
. The Role
The Institutional Operations Australia Change team delivers a number of strategic changes to help support improving the Customer Experience proposition for Institutional, Corporate and Business Banking Customers.
Our vision is;
“To deliver a multi-product service offering with a brand that is known for continuously reducing customer effort and creating an environment that empowers, engages and develops multi-disciplinary employees”
The Data Scientist is a key remember of the IOA change team reporting to the Head of Change this role is responsible design next-generation data stores, and build advanced data models to solve complex problems and generate sophisticated insights. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Address and solve complex business issues using large amounts of data
- Develop advanced analytics models (i.e., machine learning), including the preparation and reconciliation of data and creation of interactive visualisations
- Uplift governance and quality of data and analytical models, standards and controls
- Uplift test automation capabilities to increase speed to market, quality and robustness of new data assets/models/insights
- Engineer/ prototype / industrialise data assets needed for analytics
- Provide Executive insights and understanding, based on data, to help solve complex problems
- Implement ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes to import from existing data sources
- Recommend pathways to optimise
- Solve complex business problems using data
- Build forensic capability to assure ANZ configurations are aligned to customer outcomes
Who you are?
- Strong understanding of analytical techniques, including awareness of new and emerging capabilities
- Application of the strategic view of evolving customers segments, needs & behaviours in to ANZ context
- Strong understanding of Banking and the products, markets, industries, channels and customer segments dimensions and awareness of scenarios modelling optimisation opportunities
- Strong understanding of ANZ system configuration and data flows, good knowledge of data in context of the product and/or channel and/or usage
- Strong understanding of how to profile, query and assess data using the right tools for the right purposes
- Ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders (technical and non technical)
- Experience in preparing and combining data using SQL and NoSQL
- Technical experience with programming in Python, R (C , Java and Akka) and statistical packages (R, SAS)
- Data Governance, Quality & Control skills and experience
- Data test automation capabilities
- Integrity – We are honest and fair
- Collaboration – Work together for the customer
- Accountability - Take ownership and get things done
- Respect - Care for all those we serve
- Excellence - Challenge ourselves to be better