See job description for details
Job Title: Data Governance Lead
Location: Docklands, Melbourne
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we are looking for a Data Governance Lead to join our Enterprise Data Governance team (EDG). The Data Quality Governance Lead will oversee the data quality issues function and the governance of data quality metrics. This role has a broad responsibility to increase the focus on data quality across the organisation and to ensure that senior level executives and forums are presented with the right information and the right choices to enable them to make appropriate decisions.
A significant element of the role is oversight of the data quality issues function, a high profile, centrally managed enterprise function that enables ANZ to more effectively identify, manage, report on and resolve data quality issues.
This role will be responsible for defining and realising the strategic direction of data quality issues management in ANZ. This includes developing the process and tool to improve efficiency and effectiveness, working with executives to influence prioritisation and key decisions, and understanding the detail of the issues to improve executive level reporting and governance. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Lead data quality issues management (DQIM) squad as the Product Owner
- Define the strategy for data quality issues management (DQIM) at ANZ
- Oversee the establishment and ongoing management of data quality executive metrics
- Ensure DQ governance processes meet compliance and audit requirements, and manage risk appropriately
- Drive integration of risk and data quality governance processes and practices
- Build collaborative relationships with other EDG Chapter Leads, Product Owners and team members to ensure objectives are met
- Experienced leader within the Financial Services Industry and a strong interest and understanding of Banking products, services, operations and technology
- Leadership ability, supporting staff to engage with stakeholders to elicit issue detail as well as implement solutions
- Ability to understand systems, data flows and exhibit thought leadership in data management, process, governance, organisational and technology transformation and improvement
- Highly skilled in managing a diverse set of stakeholders and demonstration of strong and well-structured verbal, written communication and presentation skills to a senior/executive audience
- Strong problem solving and quantitative analysis skills. Ability to translate analysis outcomes into commercial solutions
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS135306