See job description for details
Data Engineer - Forecasting
- Location: Melbourne, VIC (Blended: approx. 50% WFH)
- Permanent Ongoing Opportunity
As a Data Engineer(forecasting)
you will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely forecasts of staffing requirements across the Australian Branch Network (ABN), to ensure branches have optimum resourcing to meet their customer demand, and uphold our Customer Promises. This requires the maintenance and governance of numerous data feeds, along with ongoing tuning of parameters used by the forecaster to ensure its continual accuracy. In addition, insights, analytics, and reporting are prepared from this data for various initiatives, both within Workforce Capacity Planning, and across ANZ more broadly. What might a day in the life look like?
What will be in your toolkit?
- Managing the monthly workload and resource forecasts, including the storage, documentation, and processing of data feeds used
- Developing and maintaining existing data feeds using best practice technologies
- Maintaining and improving existing QlikSense and Excel reporting on workforce operational metrics
- Deriving new insights and analysis from our data feeds, to support broader RGOE and ANZ-wide initiatives
- Liaising with frontline management and NWOW Tribes to identify future business changes which may impact future branch staffing requirements
- Reviewing existing forecasting model on a regular basis to identify improvements and work with the vendor and Banker Tools Squad to implement improvements
- Upholding a culture of managing risk through strong data governance, documentation, and security controls
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
- Comfortable using, developing, and maintaining scripts written in Python and SQL
- Comfortable updating and maintaining reports produced in QlikSense and Excel
- Experience with one or more retail banking channels, such as the Australia Branch Network or Contact Centre
- Ability to prepare and maintain documentation on data and processes
- Some experience working with data from an Enterprise Data Warehouse (e.g. Teradata, GIW, ECDM)
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks and the Pandas Python library, as well as PySpark
- Knowledge of data governance principles and standards, ANZ’s data policies and how they apply
- Some experience developing within a cloud platform such as GCP or AWS
- Some experience using version control software such as Git or BitBucket
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace – it’s all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
We want to make sure everyone has an inclusive and supportive experience throughout our recruitment process and when joining ANZ. If you are a candidate with a disability, and require adjustments to our recruitment process or the role itself let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS138499.