Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our team and Opportunity
The APAC Intermediary, Sales and Marketing Technology team is responsible for:
- Being the in-region technology team with deep expertise to develop and maintain our APAC public facing websites;
- Partner with our Intermediary channel to deliver sales education and ennoblement initiatives;
- Crafting a blueprint and program for Marketing Technology help scale our APAC business;
- Deliver data engineering capabilities aligned with our Intermediary client analytics and insights team;
The Data Engineer will partner with Intermediary, Sales and Marketing areas and is responsible for providing innovative data technology solutions to our business partners to deliver data driven insights. What You Will Do
Core Technical Skills
- Provides Senior/Intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of Big Data Analytics applications on AWS.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into "clean" code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients
- Develops code and test artefacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain.
- Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure code is implemented in a way that supports automation
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule and provides follow up production support.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues
- Good understanding of lean principles, including Shift left, DevOps, CloudOps, DataOps, CI/CD; should have experience with xDD and Atlassian tool suite
- Worked on Big Data and Hadoop related technologies such as Hdfs, Hive, Scoop, Impala, Oozie, Yarn, Map Reduce
- Good knowledge of data streaming services such as Flume, Kafka, etc.
- Worked on cloud architecture such as AWS, MS Azure, etc. and related Big Data technologies (AWS EMR, S3, ECS, Kinesis, Cloud Formation templates, Cloud Watch Logs, Splunk, Ansible, etc.)
- Experienced with scripting languages and platforms such as Shell scripting, Spark, Python, R, SQL, Scala etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning (ML), NLP, Robotic, and AI concepts would be preferred.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.