Data Analytics - Senior Analyst
Senior Analyst - Data Analytics
Data is central to our serviceofferings, enabling us to deliver quality insights to our clients that otherscannot. At Deloitte, we help decision-makers' maximise the value of data -turning everyday information into useful and actionable insights. About our team
The Assurance and Advisory Analytics Team is responsible for delivery ofcomplex, analytically driven solutions to help our clients achieve cleardifferentiation and sustainable competitive advantage through improveddecision-making.
We believe that success comes from really understanding the full businessimpact of choices and using analytics to drive improved operational andstrategic decision-making. We understand the complexity of the choices ourclients face and we work alongside them to use this understanding to make theright decisions and implement quickly and successfully.
Designed to be different, our team brings diverse thinkers from science,mathematics, business, finance, software development and consulting to worktogether in a dynamic and creative environment. About the role
We are looking for an ambitious analytics professional with a real passion foranalytics and delivering valuable insights, and who thinks differently aboutproblems and solutions. Working as part of our team you will work with a rangeof internal and external clients on the issues that matter to them; how to usetheir information and insights to drive efficiency, grow revenue and introduceinnovation to their market offering.
We want you to design and develop flexible and extensible analytic solutionsthat encompass people, process and technology to deliver tangible value to ourclient's business and/or their customers.
We expect you to be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders, directingjunior resources on a project, scoping and pricing an engagement, designing apragmatic team structure, structuring and writing a deliverable and coding analgorithm.
Ideally you will also have at least a good understanding of analyticmethodologies / techniques, relational databases and visualisation based storytelling.
Working with us will mean:
About your experience:
- Clearly articulating the value proposition that end-to-end analytic solutions bring to a client
- Translating analytic outcomes into plain English and explaining their business impact to non-technical senior stakeholders
- Supporting a project team of our analytics specialists including defining and managing scope, budget, issues, risks, schedules and the stakeholders
- Helping to coordinate the design and development of analytic assets including the identification and collection of appropriate data to solve an identified business problem
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with extensive experience in explaining complex technical concepts in simple terms
- A demonstrated track record in successfully bridging the gap between technology & business teams and stakeholders
- A personal commitment to continuous learning with a demonstrated track record of keeping up to date with emerging analytics toolsets, approaches, methods and algorithms
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively toward common goals and past experience in leading analytics professionals
- Demonstrated experience in scoping, pricing and delivering analytic engagements
- Demonstrated deep expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Data Mining & Management / Predictive Analytics / Machine Learning / Optimisation / Business Rules Engines / Geospatial Analysis / Risk Scoring & Identification
- Demonstrate experience with a range of languages / tools such as:
SQL / R / Alteryx / Python / Tableau / QlikView / GitHub / VBA
- Demonstrate experience with improving team quality, efficiency and skill sets
- Understand & articulate the commercial implications of analytic solutions
- Understand data in the context of financial reporting and decision making
- A proven ability to create advanced analytical models that are fit for purpose and scalable
- Accounting knowledge and experience
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enableour people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value differenceand embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing thatpeople work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternativearrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specificallyindicated. NextSteps
The minimum salary requirement for this role is $70,000 per annum, inclusive of9.5% superannuation. Sound like the sort of role for you? Applynow.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP159849