See job description for details
Data Management Manager - Australia Retail & Commercial
- Location: Docklands, VIC (Blended: WFH and Office)
- 12 Month Contract
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we seek a talented Data Management Manager to join our AR&C Data Management team. The role sits within our Strategic Delivery Portfolio in the AR&C Division. Strategic Delivery is charged with transforming the AR&C division, bringing “best in class” capability to bear with the Business.
The role will require you to combine your experience spanning analysis and engineering of systems and processes as well as your data management skills in order to embed data management capabilities into the Division, partnering with Business and Technology teams to achieve outcomes. Your role will be critical in supporting and driving adoption of the Data Governance agenda for the division – including the Enterprise Data Governance Framework, Standards and Policies. To achieve this, you will:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within our Division, within the Strategic Delivery Portfolio and Data Management team, as well with our partners spanning Enterprise Data Governance, Technology, Digital and within other divisions.
- Help transform how data is organised, managed and leveraged within AR&C to meet obligations, help the Business and achieve great outcomes for Customers and Bankers.
- Support multiple tribes in AR&C with the delivery of data outcomes – including understanding requirements, mapping, analysing and supporting process and process evolution resulting in high quality data.
- Manage initiatives and issues to drive business value with data as a focus
- Drive the strategic evolution of Data Management AR&C and help communicate the benefits of industry leading data practices.
We’re looking for your drive, enthusiasm and smarts to help us ensure that effective and compliant data capture, management, storage and disposal is a key consideration. Your knowledge of data management and the data lifecycle is essential, as well as your ability to manage stakeholders and deliver initiatives in a timely manner. Your ideas for the “next generation” of Data Management will be of value as we evolve. What will your day look like?
What will be in your toolkit?
- Partnering with our stakeholders and supporting capabilities to achieve Customer and Banker outcomes where data underpins the requirement statement or objective
- Providing innovative thought leadership into the strategy for managing the Division’s data, introducing modern data concepts and challenging the status quo whilst understanding the regulatory requirements of the Bank
- Managing data quality issues and driving remediation strategies and execution
- Analysing and ensuring data aspects are a key part of process and system evolution, including partnering in the delivery of solutions in collaboration with the business, technology and initiative teams
- Mapping and cataloguing data elements and data assets and addressing any data quality shortcomings identified in our Divisions data
- Delivering against committed milestones
- Identify and address constraints that hinder progress, escalating as appropriate
- Ensure ANZ's core values are always maintained in dealing with staff, colleagues and customers.
- Experience in managing and executing a data management or governance agenda
- Able to frame data in context of business outcomes that benefit our Customer and Bankers
- Ability to challenge and reframe approaches to data management, automating and orchestrating processes
- Data analysis, modelling and any architecture and engineering experience
- Experience identifying, analysing and resolving data quality issues
- Experience with various data capabilities - Understanding of metadata and data lineage; Designing for data simplification; Defining and leveraging data assets; Defining and applying Accountability for data; Understanding of the data lifecycle
- Experience planning, sizing and executing activities with Agile in mind, as well as building a business case from a data perspective and selling this to senior leaders across our organisation
- Comfortable building trusted and productive relationships across the organisation with a strong ability to influence and succeed through collaboration
- Frontline and operational knowledge or experience with processes and systems advantageous, but not necessary
- A highly collaborative approach, with strong stakeholder engagement skills - encouraging sharing of knowledge within and across teams
- An appreciation of all aspects of compliance and operational risk
- Extensive business analysis experience with understanding of data quality and data protection / privacy management practices
- An ability to provide leadership and direction for direct and indirect reports, demonstrating personal commitment to coaching, mentoring and succession planning
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace – it’s all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
We want to make sure everyone has an inclusive and supportive experience throughout our recruitment process and when joining ANZ. If you are a candidate with a disability, and require adjustments to our recruitment process or the role itself let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS128942.