Data Analyst Chapter Lead
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 19
Data Analyst Chapter Lead
Chapter Lead – Data Analyst
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
As a Chapter Lead, you are also responsible for building world class capability in your chapter. You’ll be a promoter and ambassador of the new culture and ways of working. You will bring domain knowledge or deep expertise on a specific topic and develop this expertise and T-shaped capability in your chapter members.
Along with Product Owners and coaches, Chapter Leads care for and nurture the growth of their chapter members to ensure they are inspired by a sense of purpose and are continually building their mastery and autonomy. Chapter Leads are not full-time managers, they work as a squad member for ~50% of their time and manage people (across squads) for ~50% of their time.
Business Operations Mission: “Bring the tribe on the journey from Data Analysis to Data Science”
What does a 'day in the life' look like:
- Collaborating with the product owner, data analysts and other people in your Squad
- Support Tribe members in their efforts to increase their data literacy.
- Understanding customer needs and ensuring data solutions are designed to meet acceptance criteria
- Coaching data analysts in best practice
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and implement solutions to deliver data insights more effectively
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to tell a story and engender enthusiasm in a common mission
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Ability to use a wide variety of technologies and tools
- Understanding of IT Service management practices and processes
- A desire to automate work rather than do everything by hand
- Broad technology operations knowledge and experience
- Advanced skills/experience developing enterprise-class reporting and analysis solutions
- Skilled in utilizing Data Science tools (Python or R)
- Experience with big data, data Lakes and data warehouses
- Experience in developing ETL processes
- Experienced in using collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Subject-matter expertise in Qlik or Tableau
- Experience analyzing ITSM data and reporting from ServiceNow or similar
- Working in Agile environment
- Cloud architectures and solutions – Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Banking Information Technology systems
- Data modelling and data visualisation tools and techniques
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.