See job description for details
Job Title: Data Analyst - Group Risk
Location: Docklands, Melbourne
6 months Fixed Term Contract
- Help shape the future of how we use data to deliver powerful insights
- Collaborate with talented teams of data scientists, engineers and analysts
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Data Analyst to join our Group Risk Information Delivery team. The Group Risk Information Delivery team sits within our Risk Metrics and Measurement function and is responsible for the delivery of accurate and insightful Risk information to enable business decision making. GRID’s mission is to enhance stakeholder experience and credit risk management capabilities by implementing innovative and automated data driven solutions
As a Data Analyst
in the Risk Grading Remediation Project,
you will play a crucial role in our mission to deliver data driven solutions that provide actionable insights to address Wholesale credit risk grading related issues and challenges. You will also be part of a squad that will be designing and implementing cutting-edge self-service Business Intelligence tools and capabilities across Business and Risk functions. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Addressing and solving complex business issues using large amounts of data
- Sourcing data from a variety of platforms (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop/Big Data technologies) to combine, synthesise, analyse and generate insights
- Defining and conducting tests to validate that data is accurate and fit for purpose, and that business rule calculations are correct
- Continuous generation, monitoring, presenting and conducting of 'fact-based' analysis of relevant customer insights to use at any time for the development and improvement of relevant and innovative customer solutions
- Performing pro-active and re-active (i.e. due to stakeholder feedback/request) data investigations to uncover underlying root-causes of risk grading related issues.
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc reporting & analytics to relevant Project and/or Risk management forums & committees.
- Collaborate with the Data Engineers within the broader squad to design and develop self-service Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with tools and techniques for analysis, data manipulation and presentation (e.g. SQL, SAS, Qlik)
- Background and experience in Wholesale Credit Risk and/or Customer related analytical roles, preferably within the financial services industry
- Analytical & problem-solving skills to understand the detail of events and issues, and subsequently identify and investigate them
- Ability to work with complex data structures and models
- Strong customer lens and affinity
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset to continuously improve the level of insight surfaced
- Strong ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendations
- Thorough approach to detail, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders (translate technical into non-technical and vice-versa)
- A strong execution mindset and ability to deliver quality outputs within required timeframes
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS138901