See job description for details
, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has moved to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page
. The Role
We have a Data Analyst
role available within the Retail & Commercial Risk Infrastructure Tribe
The Retail & Commercial Risk Infrastructure Tribe
is responsible for the design and delivery of systems that support the implementation of Retail & Commercial Risk strategy. The Tribe’s mission is to enhance customer experience and bank risk management capabilities along the customer credit lifecycle by implementing innovative and automated data driven solutions. The Tribe is known for its great culture of collaboration, delivery, high performance and fun, supported by an approachable and inspiring leadership team. In joining this Tribe, you will be working a group of highly engaged, diverse and interesting people. Data Analytics
helps organisations change the way they look at business problems. Data Analysts
deeply understand the power of data to generate quality customer insight, manage information, identify trends and make decisions.
As a Data Analyst
in the Data & Process Governance Squad
you will play a crucial role in our mission to ensure that the Tribe delivers change in a manner that reduces delivery risk and subsequent introduced operational risk. Given that all Tribe solutions are data driven, the squad also overseeing Data Governance activities and error rectification. What might a day in the life look like?
What you bring to the role
- Address and solve complex business issues using large amounts of data
- Source data from a variety of platforms (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop/Big Data technologies) to combine, synthesise and analyse to generate insights
- Define and conduct tests to validate that data is accurate and fit for purpose, and that remediation calculations are correct
- Continuous generation, monitoring, presenting and conducting of 'fact-based' analysis of relevant customer insights to use at any time for the development and improvement of relevant and innovative customer solutions
- Perform pro-active and re-active (ie. Due to customer request or complaint) Bureau data investigations and corrections (where system error or operational delays that affect manual input of data lead to an impact Bureau data)
Who are you?
- Background and experience in Retail or Commercial Risk, Collections, Hardship, Risk Infrastructure or Complaints related analytical roles, preferably within the financial services industry
- Analytical & problem-solving skills to understand the detail of events and issues, and subsequently identify and investigate them
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with tools and techniques for analysis, data manipulation and presentation (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python, Qlik, Tableau)
- Working knowledge of CAP, VisionPlus, Ab Initio and Powercurve preferred
- Strong customer lens and affinity
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset to continuously improve the level of insight surfaced
- Strong ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendations
- Thorough approach to detail, ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate to all stakeholders (translate technical into non-technical and vice-versa)
- A strong execution mindset and ability to deliver quality outputs within required timeframes
- A team player
- The customer’s biggest fan
- A collaboration champion
- Comfortable being uncomfortable
- Continuous improvement junkie
- Committed to my own and other’s growth
- A problem solver
- Commercially and tech curious
- Risk savvy
These roles will report to a Data & Process Analyst Chapter Lead
within the Retail & Commercial Risk Infrastructure Tribe.