The primary goal of the position is to increase institutional assets under management and revenue over time, across DWS’s core capabilities across Active, Passive and Alternatives. This individual will need to have good knowledge within Portfolio Construction as well as an understanding of how to address the investment needs of institutional investors and their investment consultants. Specific knowledge of Real Assets and/or Global Equities would also be beneficial.
Details of the Division and Team:
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with AUD 1.23 trillion of funds under management (as of 31 December 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia.
We have been operating in Australia for over 20 years and our Australian footprint is comprised of a local presence in both Sydney and Melbourne including client servicing, portfolio management, and local investment teams in both listed and unlisted real estate.
The role is to support the Australia & New Zealand team of the Client Coverage Division. The selected candidate will be involved in sales and marketing to institutional/wholesale clients from across all asset classes, active/passive/alternative management styles, and with liquid & illiquid strategies to ensure that we best serve the needs of our clients. The role will also focus on presenting our investment capabilities to clients and to help develop storylines and pitches.
The candidate will have the opportunity to play a central role in the firm’s future growth strategy in Australia and NZ through the development and implementation of a focused asset gathering and relationship management plan.
You can expect:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- Competitive salary as well as pension, insurance contributions and salary packaging
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus additional and wellbeing leave
- Parental leave benefits including Childcare Assistance Payment
- A range of flexible benefits including the Online discount program, employee referral program
Marketing and Capital Raising
- Work with team head to develop a multi-year capital raising plan.
- Establish marketing priorities on a short, medium, and long term basis
- Engage investors and consultants, both existing and new, to ensure successful capital raising
- Collaborate with overseas colleagues in consultant relations to leverage work done and secure additional ratings in Australia with key firms (JANA, Frontier)
- Contribute to all marketing materials for the current and future products / capabilities
Your skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of capital raising experience , with ability to demonstrate results in closing new opportunities with new and existing clients, specifically in Equities and Fixed Income
- Engage key institutional investors to identify needs and communicate product/capability attributes
- Broad investment knowledge encompassing equities, fixed income, portfolio construction theory, TAA, real estate and infrastructure strategies or strong experience in some of these with the ability to adapt knowledge to other asset classes.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic relationship management
- Quantitative skills to understand and present the focus DWS strategies and be aware of competitor product comparison analysis.
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career