Customer Operations Lead
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Customer Operations Lead in the Operations team.
As a leader who is passionate about ensuring every customer has a seamless experience, you will be responsible for managing our Customer Support Team. You will have the ability to influence and optimise the customer support processes and systems as we grow and scale the team.
Our Operations team is crucial to ensure our business runs smoothly and payments are made in a timely and accurate fashion. Our Operations team is one of the most critical teams at Airwallex. You will be working closely with our payment partners and product team to ensure we are deeply involved in any issues which may affect our customers.
Additionally we expect you to be a great communicator and liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your duties will include liaising with our banking partners, helping resolve payment and card related issues, and ultimately improving the process and efficiency of everything we do at Airwallex.
What you'll do:
- Manage day to day operations and SLAs related to global customer support
- Create and constantly update support policies and procedures
- Investigate and resolve challenges for customers and internal teams
- Work with the commercial, operations and product teams to identify areas of improvement and create and monitor new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- Liaise with our payment partners to reduce any friction for customers
- Build out processes required for new product and territory launches
Who you are:
- You're a problem solver - you love to solve problems, are a critical thinker and have a demonstrated history of working with and understanding complex systems
- You're a great communicator - you're able to articulate complex concepts in a simple way
- You're a multitasker - you're able to prioritise your time and tasks effectively, have the ability to pick up new systems quickly and have a keen eye for detail
- You're a great team player - you'll be working with people across diverse global offices and will need to work collaboratively with them to solve problems
- You're focused on great customer experience - you're empathetic, transparent, and always try to resolve issues as quickly as you can and in the best possible way
- You think big - you will have the ability to influence and optimise the financial operations support processes and systems as we grow and scale the team
What you'll bring:
- Experience with customer contact operations in a fast paced environment
- A passion for customer service and creating better experiences for clients every day
- Skilled in direct management of teams including performance management and development
- Process-oriented experience requiring meticulous attention to detail and deep stakeholder management skills with well-honed written and verbal communications
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in start-ups and working with offshore teams is preferred but not required
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.