- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
Corporate Actions Officer
Corporate Actions Officer
- Primary Location: Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18060177
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The Corporate Actions Officer will provide our clients with Corporate Action services for the Australian and New Zealand financial markets including; notification of all corporate actions / Income /proxy voting events; accurate processing of client instructions; allocation of entitlements and superior client service.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Monitor announcements of Corporate Action / Income / Proxy events are being monitored through various sources, including ASX/NZX announcements, IRESS and company documentation.
- Input Corporate Action/Income announcements into EMC/SECORE system for advices to be sent to clients.
- Establish control records for each corporate action and monitor events by way of a diary system.
- For entitlement events ensure that all clients' entitlements are created and reconcile to CHESS.
- Create claims where applicable and follow up until resolution.
- Collate client instructions and complete entitlement forms, plan applications to companies in accordance with defined guidelines and client instructions.
- Reconciliation of all tax and payment to ATO and NZ Inland Revenue Departments.
- Despatch of Direct Credit and Dividend Reinvestment plan applications to companies in accordance with defined guidelines.
- Process payment of income distributions to clients.
- Credit cash / assets resulting from Corporate Action entitlements into client accounts.
- Assist other functions in the department where directed in times of need or to cover staff absences.
- Actively participate in an environment of consistent improvement.
- Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills/experience:
T echnical/Specialist skills/competencies
- Corporate Actions - Rights, Capital Reconstruction, Take Over and Mergers
- Knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand equity markets.
- Ability to comprehend difficult concepts and to disseminate information in a precise comprehensible format.
- Ensure that ASX Business rules are upheld and that compliance issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure the current procedures are followed.
- At least 2 years industry experience with a stockbroker or custodian area.
- Securities Institute Australia (SIA) qualifications preferred (not essential).
- MS Office.
- Experience with clearing systems i.e. CHESS, Exigo, and RBNZ.
- Experience with industry messaging i.e. SWIFT.
- Ability to receive direction.
- Participate in team development and personal development programs.
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with clients in a congenial manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to assist others when required.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.