Controls Engineer - AWS
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
As part of the global controls team, you will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the data centre industry. You will be responsible for innovating, deploying, optimising, and maintaining the automation systems within the data centres. Automation systems consist of building management system (BMS) and electrical power monitoring system (EPMS). Using Amazon leadership principles, you will develop new processes and standards while innovating in the controls space.
As a Controls Engineer you will:
• Perform controls root cause analysis.
• Schedule and supervise Quarterly maintenances for BMS and EPMS.
• Provide vendor management.
• Develop scope of work for site improvement projects.
• Support Global Controls projects team.
• Work under tight project timelines.
• Manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
• Review controls sequence of operation and provide feedback to design.
• Financially manage service invoices.
• Provide technical assistance to internal customers during life cycle of the data center.
• Participate in a global on-call schedule.
• Grow in technical ability by learning a multitude of different automation platforms.
Controls Engineer may also perform the following:
• Ensure data center controls are deployed in accordance with scope of work (SOW) and specifications.
• Develop building automation controls drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Size controls valves and damper actuators and select controls devices.
• Review and provide feedback on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) drawings.
• Develop controls bill of material (BOM).
• Develop and modify controls logic programming.
• Develop and modify graphical user interface.
• Act in a project sponsor capacity.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • B.S. in an engineering-based discipline or 5+ years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in either design programming, or startup/commissioning.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in project management.
• Experience in any of the following systems: Siemens, Schneider Electric, Eaton, Tridium, Distech, Struxureware, Ignition, or ABB.
• Solid foundation in communication protocols.
• Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation, electrical diagrams and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent communication skills, teamwork, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
• Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • M.S. in an engineering-based discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with controls in data centers or other critical facilities.
• Networking administration experience.
• MQTT's communication protocol experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status