Charles River provides a complete solution to automate front- and middle-office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. The solution offers a simplified operating model that includes enterprise software, data, application management/upgrades, hosting and FIX network to improve investment professional productivity, control risk and lower technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in 43 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, pension and custody markets. The Role:
Consultants serve as subject-matter experts in the implementation and upgrade of the Charles River Investment Management Solution (CR IMS). Your contribution will include defining client requirements, configuring and tuning the solution to the clients business and technical needs, training clients, testing workflows and resolving issues before taking the client live.
You will need to become a product expert in a short amount of time and remain up-to-date, as product and industry changes require. Providing consulting service on the entire CR IMS offering, build effective working relationships, demonstrate situational awareness and clearly communicate with internal and external decision-makers.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of business knowledge, business analysis, project experience, consulting skills and implementation experience. You will be comfortable working in large and complex implementation project, dealing with all the associated issues, individually or as part of a larger team. Responsibilities:
- You will be fully responsible for all aspects of implementation for the CR IMS. Analyse and evaluate requirements while providing product expertise and guidance throughout the project. Ensure the solution meets the client's business needs, training clients, testing workflows, resolving issues and that the client is prepared to assume ownership and operate the solution after go-live.
- You will document client requirements and workflows, and you will successfully transition the client to Technical Support and Relationship Management in preparation for go live.
- Monitor and evaluate client requirements to identify potential enhancements to Charles River solutions and services. Document and communicate product improvements as part of client-specific implementation projects or in response to trends in the marketplace.
- You will provide weekly, detailed project status to senior management at Charles River and within the client, highlighting issues, risk and scope changes.
- Contribute to software quality by clearly communicating defects to Technical Support and Product Management. Support the defect resolution process by providing clear descriptions of defects and validating the resulting fixes. Identify errors and mistakes in documentation and suggest corrections and improvements.
- You will aid other members of the Professional Services team and pro-actively develop and share best practices and keep abreast of new system versions, features, and new trends in the finance industry.
- Analyse and evaluate client requirements in order to help Charles River respond to sales opportunities. Contribute to sales presentations and proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate the potential of CRIMS to satisfy specific client needs.
- Proficient in Investment Solutions or Technology
- Experience supporting or implementing front, middle office investment management solutions within a bank, hedge fund, asset manager or wealth management firm.
- Basic understanding of investment management or wealth management workflows (portfolio management, trading, Compliance, IBOR, PMA, Risk and Scenario Analysis)
- Basic knowledge of equity, fixed income and FX instruments front and middle office workflows. Basic understanding of derivatives and FX instruments is a plus. Basic command of SQL and understanding of relational databases. Familiarity with FIX or similar protocols is a plus. Familiarity with Crystal Reports or similar reporting packages is a plus.
- A strong appreciation of client service. Consultants must understand client needs and build effective relationships. Must have the ability to work within a team environment and be focused on providing high-quality service to our clients.
- Team player who shares knowledge and experience openly. Takes initiative to keep other team members informed by contributing to Best Practices library. Leverages the expertise of more-experienced colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey plans, issues and risks to clients and team members in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical thinker who can decompose complex issues into components and perform root cause analysis.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and demonstrated ability to meet self-imposed deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading university or college in Finance, Business/Mathematical Finance, Economics or Computer Science
- An advanced degree or industry certification such as the CFA is a strong plus.
- 2-3+ years of consulting in the Financial/ Financial Software Services industry
- The ability to travel to client sites throughout the Asia Pacific as well as the ability to work effectively when remote from clients. Travel of 30%-50% is typical and but may exceed that in any given year.