Consultant - Operations Integration
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're building our team to help our enterprise customers plan, build and mature their ability to run 'Production Ready environments'. Senior Cloud Operations Engineers help out largest customers develop the technology and tooling capabilities needed to operate production workloads on AWS.
We are looking for;
• Passionate technical advocates of Cloud technologies looking to work on strategic, enterprise level customer AWS projects
• System Administrators wanting to develop their infrastructure automation skills further on AWS
• Application Developers / Architects wanting to gain ability to bring operations into their infrastructure-as-code skillsets
• Experts in key operational tools (such as ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, Splunk, BMC Remedy, Chef Puppet etc.) wishing to develop their abilities to integrate with and manage AWS environments
• Cloud (Public, Private, Hybrid) experts build technical depth on the AWS platform
• Experts in Restful APIs, wishing to integrate AWS services and third-party tool providers. Send us your sample work. Basic Qualifications
• 5+ or more years' experience of designing, building and testing technology solutions within enterprise IT environments.
• Able to communicate complex technology subjects to non-technical and senior audiences within our customers.
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Strong knowledge of operations tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy, Splunk, Chef, Puppet, SumoLogic, DataDog, Trend EPS, and PagerDuty
• Experience working with IT Service Management and Operations frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF)
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed, international travel may be required Preferred Qualifications
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
• Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
• Knowledge of AWS Management Tool services (Config, CloudTrail, CloudWatch)
• Strong track record of implementing IT operational tools in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Implementing highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
• Infrastructure automation (E.g. PowerCLI, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell)
• Restful API experience and system integrator experience. Hands on experience is preferred
• Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
• Strong ITSM architecting on platforms such as ServiceNow, Cherwell, BMC, and Jira Service Desk.
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce) is a plus.
• Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity is a plus.
This role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney