Consultant - Investment Operations (Market Operations)
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What you will do
You will be responsible for oversight of the Market Operations service, the Investment Operations Outsourcing Team. The Consultant will focus on trade lifecycle and settlement, issue resolution and will be analytically and procedurally competent with an understanding of both middle office and custody operations.
This role will report to the Manager of Market Operations, GFS.
- Responsible for providing client service through the execution of daily functions and tasks within the Investment Operations Outsourcing Team
- Responsible for all post execution trade activity and servicing required to support clients front office.
- Responsible for trade capture, enrichment, matching and release to ensure accurate settlement in domestic and global markets.
- Communicates with, brokers, custodians, internal stakeholders and other third party providers on trade lifecycle events and exceptions
- Responsible for oversight of offshore production of operational activity across middle office and custody records
- Works with and assists offshore production teams with investigations and queries through to resolution.
- Tracks all issues by managing operational logs with offshore teams, working with them to remediate all service issues encountered with a proposed plan for resolution
- Works with offshore support teams on new markets, asset classes or settlement locations to ensure full understanding and processes are in place to support.
- Act as a liaison with client service teams to drive issue resolution.
- Understand client Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that are directly related to job function.
- Assisting with build, completion and delivery of monthly internal and client KPIs
- Liaison with Static Data teams for product/asset/ account set-up issues
- Assist Northern Trust project groups as a stakeholder on new business implementations
- Ensuring that all correct control procedures are adhered to and a full audit trail is recorded and maintained at all times
- Provide oversight and support for other Investment Operations partners across a number of areas including FX, Equity, Fixed Income, Unit Registry and cash.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills are required
- A good knowledge of the asset servicing industry, acquired through experience in both middle office and custody records is critical for this position
- Experience with Global Equities, Fixed Income, FX and Money Market Asset Classes is required.
- Good Knowledge of Middle Office operations specifically on trade lifecycle, matching and settlement.
- Working knowledge of market matching utilities CTM OMGEO and MISYS are required
- Must be resilient to pressure and must have the ability to adapt quickly
- Demonstrated client servicing capabilities and excellent communication skills are also required for success in this role.
- Organizational skills are required to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task functions in a fast-paced team environment
- 3-5 years of experience within investment management/asset servicing industry with the majority of this working directly in an investment operations team
- Internal candidates must meet the IJP eligibility requirements of Northern Trust