Cloud Security Consultant
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Join our newly created GBS Security Practise
- Help solve client's most valuable problems
- Permanent position, based in Melbourne/Sydney/Canberra
We are building our GBS Security Practice, but we are missing one thing - you!
As a Cloud Security Consultant you will be based in Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra.
What will I be doing?
- Assessing an organisation's cloud readiness and advise clients on a cloud structure from any suitable available products on the market including hybrid cloud, AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud and Google Cloud.
- Engaging with client stakeholders to help define and deliver technical requirements.
- Providing subject matter expertise on cloud security projects
- Delivering engagements including scoping, design, deployment, maintenance, monitoring and management tasks within the cloud cybersecurity remit.
- Working with the broader IBM team to leverage both local and global capabilities to do deliver business and technical outcomes.
- Working as a team member with client personnel and other IBM teams to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with or in some instances leading others in the identification, justification and design of the client's solution
- May be required to participate in a wide range of design activities, from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification and implementation.
What skills will I need?
- Ability to think like a malicious hacker when advising and designing cloud security transformation
- Ability to think like a business executive, manage security team members and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Design knowledge and experience in advising on suitable cloud architecture, especially in hybrid environments
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of risk and change management, security policies and controls, user account life-cycle management, roles based access, access management and the cloud tools and systems that are used to deliver these capabilities.
- Translating client's business requirements into specific system, application or process designs.
- Knowledge of information security controls such as Identity Management, Vulnerability management, Network security controls, Cloud security, etc in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- A hands-on knowledge of security standards, such as NIST CSF, ACSC Essential Eight, ISO 27001 and the ability to implement them
What experience do I need?
Sign me up!
- Degree and/or Cloud security or cloud information management certifications
- Proven delivery and consulting experience across Cyber Security, Privacy, Data Protection and/or IT Risk
- Able to work proficiently with different operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Certified in one key cloud product with ability to understand others (such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- Working knowledge of the NIST Cyber Security Framework and other related standards and controls
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers IBM welcomes, includes, values and respects everyone. We celebrate diversity in all forms. Our culture is rich and intentionally inclusive.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise