See job description for details
Job Title: Cloud Engineer, Infrastructure/Automation
Location: Docklands, Melbourne.
- Do work that matters by solving problems that enable financial wellbeing
- Collaborate with talented teams of engineers and leaders in their field
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Engineer
to join our Enterprise Compute tribe .
As an Engineer
, you’ll be working as part of a high performing cross-functional team that focuses on implementing, maintaining and running the CPaaS (Container Platform based around Red Hat’s Openshift) platforms which includesautomation (infrastructure developer), support, Audit/Compliance, Life Cycle Management, platform upgrades and accelerating the adoption of container technologies etc.
You will need significant hands on engineering, infrastructure development and scripting experience to provide a Stable & Secure CPaaS environment for our customers around the world. What does a day in the life' look like:
What will be in your toolkit:
- Openshift cluster installation and deployment along with cluster management / maintenance
- Code and config modification and review, deploying changes as code
- Platform user assistance and troubleshooting
- Site Reliability improvement and validation activities (SRE type activities)
- Production incident support
- Infrastructure application development, new feature exploration and production release of new platform features
- Composible Infrastructure automation and management
- Problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication and technical consulting skills
- A self-starter that enjoys a challenge and working in an agile environment
- someone who takes pride in their work and will complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision
- who will develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders to ensure that all system requirements are developed and implemented with the customer in mind
- who enjoys learning new technologies and new ways of working
- RedHat Openshift Administration Certification in Ver3.9/3.11 or equivalent experience
- Excellent SRE / High availability, scalable & resilience Container Solution design & architecture skills
- Excellent understanding of, and experience with automation and automated configuration management and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Tools such as Ansible, Puppet and ArgoCD highly advantageous
- Deep understanding of container and microservices design patterns
- Deep Understanding of various application deployment patterns on kubernetes/openshift
- Ability to understand and resolve complex interdependencies of docker, kubernetes & other infrastructure components, especially networking
- Deep understanding of image, container & kubernetes security
- Minimum 4 years of in-depth Linux administration experience
- Excellent understanding of software test automation/execution on container platform
- Experience in OCP Cluster upgrades – With OpenShift 4 being highly advantageous
- Experience in OCP Cluster administration for minimum 1 year – ideally more
- Experience in troubleshooting incidents and working customer requests.
- Strong understanding of Public cloud such as GCP, AWS, GKE is highly advantageous
- Experience in ITIL process
- Able to build strong and influential stakeholder relationships
- Able to communicate infrastructure changes to stakeholders
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and Redhat
- Understanding on TLS/SSL certificates
- Working experience on Splunk & Ansible also advantageous
In this role, you will deal with many other technologies so an openness to learning is the most important attribute
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS134711)