Cloud Engineer - Azure CMS
A career that gives you more
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become part of a team responsible for ensuring our cloud services are managed to the needs of our rapidly changing business. The work will be fast paced, challenging and often across new or emerging cloud technologies. We are looking for people who are technically forward thinking and excited about the business value the cloud can unlock.
Your skills and experience:
- You will bring your natural trouble shooting ability along with a strong customer focus to support NAB's Azure cloud environments.
- You will use your experience in ensuring support practices and processes are applied for managing always up / always available cloud services.
- Utilise your great communication skills to engage effectively with our cloud consumers across the entire business. You will be a key engine in NAB's cloud first approach by providing ongoing design advise for our cloud managed services customers;
- We believe in automating manual tasks with the right tools. You will have the opportunity be a part of a professional team already using DevOps tooling and practices.
- Strong background in supporting Azure cloud services with a healthy knowledge in Windows system administration;
- Experience supporting Azure foundational services (Virtual Machines, SQL managed instance, NSG's, ASG's, LB etc.);
- Know how to leverage cloud native tools (i.e. Azure OMS) to review metrics and monitor the health / utilisation of our cloud services
- A keen interest in automation and an ability to utilise tooling to not only speed up the delivery of services but also improve the day to day reliability and performance of our cloud managed services
- Level of background in infrastructure-as-code development and specific experience with cloud related automation concepts. (Puppet, Jenkins, GIT..)
- Understanding of good cloud change management practices with an awareness of compliance and security standards.
- Excellent engagement skills, managing and coordinating between partners, acknowledging Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management requirements.
Additionally, in adherence with our DevOps approach you will be expected to provide some out of hours support for cloud services as part of our 24 x 7 coverage agreement. Your new team
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. NAB is rapidly building a top-notch Cloud engineering capability and culture; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
15 Jan 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time